Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI 1939 COUPE DE JURE - Runnin from Johnny Law!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Dec 23, 2013.

1. woodbox

woodbox

Some more parts arrived today, this time from Speedway motors. I ordered a steering u-joint and a length of double D shaft to complete the steering column hook up.
    At the post office, when I picked up the box, I thought to myself "hmmm feels a bit light?". Then when I opened it at home all that was inside the box was the docket, packing slip, boxed steering u-joint! A large piece of green paper (packing?), a speedway motors decal (thanks for that!) and........ ummmm........the hole in the end of the box, where the double D shaft escaped or liberated itself!
    Surely a company has a duty of care to ensure that the packaging is fit for purpose and the contents should not be able to fall out in the process of being delivered. I understand that insurance of the package would help....... If the package never arrived or was damaged! But surely shit shouldn't fall out!
    I have emailed them and asked the same question of them...... Will keep you posted.................. IMG_20201027_134600.jpg IMG_20201027_140010.jpg IMG_20201027_163616.jpg

2. krazee

krazee

Hey Wade, this has happened to me on more than 2 occasions in the past, I buy from Rocket in Hamilton or Greg Stokes. It does cost more to start with but saves a heap of hassel and I like to see those guys stay in business. I'm enjoying your posts.

woodbox likes this.
  3. I have had good service from Speedway with damaged or incorrect parts, they have always credited or replaced with minor fuss....

woodbox likes this.
  4. woodbox

woodbox

I am hoping they will just reimburse the shaft and freight cost.

kadillackid and loudbang like this.
  5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I feel confident they will take care of you and I feel sorry for the guys in the shipping department for the ass ripping they are about to receive. I was in the hotrod manufacturing business for years and my worst problems were shipping. Have patience and enjoy your build.

loudbang and woodbox like this.
  6. woodbox

woodbox

They contacted me this morning and have reimbursed the item and a portion of the postage. All good.

7. woodbox

woodbox

IMG_20201104_150112.jpg Another delivery today. This time it was a full set of rubber frame cushions to go with the mounting fastenings that arrived last week.

loudbang and kadillackid like this.
  8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedway did the right thing by you so we will continue to shop there. When we first built our 37 coupe some 35 yrs ago now , taking the body off the frame and thought huh multi coloured body mounts. Well some one had used , jandals/ thongs/ flip flops and radiator hose. Well a decent builder would have at least used a full circle of radiator hose. They hadn’t fared very well .
    3CC6D359-5B78-4BDE-8D19-4C4F6AB5E15F.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    loudbang, kadillackid and The 39 guy like this.
  9. Didn't you get the 37 Coupe off a good friend of mine from Levin?o_O:rolleyes: JW

kadillackid and loudbang like this.
  10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It had 3 owners after Magoo , and some didn’t look after it., out side with a tarp over it, and disposed of vital parts , obviously including the original chassis ,hence the funky body mounts. Anyway best not to side track Woodbox's very cool thread.

11. woodbox

woodbox

IMG_20201109_213457.jpg
    Another package in the post today.

Attached Files: