Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiss KCIR and Kansas City Drag Strip Good-Bye?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yutan Flash, Nov 2, 2011.

1. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Corporate welfare is always in season.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it does come to pass, there's nothing that says we local and not so local Hambers can't have a once a month parade through the neighborhoods of the people behind this bullshit, in our street-legal, just loud enough to make them uncomfortable, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and whatever other conveyance we may own that would plug up traffic in the neighborhood on what they thought would be a quiet Sunday afternoon. Kansas City, MO has a lot of other stuff they should be concerned about before building a damn park. The school district is a mess, crime is rampant, the infrastructure is crumbling, and they're going to spend millions of dollars on a park, to pacify a few tender-eared, panty-waisted, sperm-burping gutter slut rich pricks. Wow, that's the way to run a city, isn't it? The Mayors nickname isn't Sly for no reason.......

4. dmikulec

dmikulec

Signed the petition. Hope the good side wins this one. :cool:

5. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

10,000 more kids in K.C. will have nothing to do in the years to come but sit in front of the computer playing video games or other mind numbing things. Well if they build the park, at least i'll know where to score some weed.

6. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

7. Sounds like what happened here in Oklahoma City last year. The Fairgrounds Speedway was a landmark in OKC for over 60 years, until the Mayor, the City Council, and several high-powered families that desired horses over car races at the Fairgrounds, decide that the facility "was no longer handicapped-accessible" (it was easily accessible by all!) and that there was an electrical transformer station that suddenly became "dangerous"...so, rather than spending very little money to fix the alleged "problems", they literally, in the dark of night, decided to raze the entire racetrack (it was a 1/4-mile dirt track), as a hidden part of what's called "MAPSIII", an urban renovation project that was voted on by the people of OKC. This was NOT an open part of the vote, but the funding to raze the facility was part of the funding. Politicians are sneaky bastards and should never, EVER be trusted. Our local pols hate cars and love g-ddamn horses, so they take the priority, when it comes to the Fairgrounds.

We know your pain. There used to be a dragstrip out there, too, in the '50s - early '80s, and another about 13 miles East of downtown. They, too, were driven out by money and politics. One is bareland, and the other is 80 houses.

8. Still amazed by this....

9. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

10. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Glimmer of hope
    Latest post from JohnnyBravo on KCSR:

I am hopeful that the attorneys hired to negotiate this deal on behalf of KCIR will come out with a VERY strong statement in the next day or so.

I can tell you that if you all knew what I know, there would probably be a riot at city hall.

Unfortunately, I have been asked not to disclose any additional information or documents until the owners and their other attorneys have had a chance to "re-chat" with the City Council.

This ain't over. I just wish I could tell you more.

Please, please, please continue to support the track and its owners.

And please don't pm me or text me asking me what documents I have. I am under strict instruction not to disclose ANYTHING until after this issue has been revisited with the council.

Stay positive. Continue to support your local businesses and keep up the good work. I am firmly convinced that the only reason the track even has a chance of remaining open is because of the hard work you all have done and the extensive media coverage this case has received as a result of it.

The people on this forum, along with their racing friends ARE making a difference. And win or lose on this issue, Kansas City is learning that a few well organized, vocal people, even young people on an internet forum, can really have an impact. You guys rock. It's amazing to see how people can really use their internet talents to do something good for their community.

I'm doing all I can. Please continue to do what you can as well.

Thanks, guys.

11. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Yea I heard it was gonna be a fucking dog park.

Funny thing about it is 90 percent of the houses around it are newer than the track itself. so who's fault is it really?

you buying a house close to a dragstrip? Or the drag racers?

12. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

signed. alot of memories. summer nats,muscle car reuion,high school drags,

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  13. Bad Liver

Bad Liver

petition signed. many memories at the track. first job in the concession stand. granny used to drag an old caddy there early on. all harley drags. grudge racing. what's next, drive-in theatres? Oh wait, nevermind; that is happening too.

14. slammed

slammed

15. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Damn tis sucks royally, I haven't had chance to race there but many friends travel from STL area to race since our tracks had been closed.

16. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

17. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

From save KCIR facebook.

Todd Bridges
    The following forum is NOT a place to express our concerns about what is being done at the current time but I will be there pitching thoughts on a Motorsports City featuring an enhanced KCIR, an automotive aftermarket campus and a performance parts testing grounds. If you would like to attend here is the information: The citizens' Commission on Municipal Revenue will host public hearings and is interested in hearing citizen concerns about the current revenue situation and constructive suggestions for change that will enhance the City's financial future. This first hearing will be held on Nov. 15, 6 p.m., Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce, 634 NW Englewood Road 64118 at 6 p.m.

18. Home Brew

Home Brew

I'll believe the track in New Florence will happen when I see the first car go down the track.
    They said that they would be racing in March or April. But the only equipment, a bulldozer, that was there has been moved out. I'm wondering if these people have the money to do this venture, why they have been sponsoring car shows to raise money? I've been involved in a lot of shows and they just don't generate the kind of money needed for a venture of this under taking. I'm from Missouri and you have to "Show Me".

19. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Basicly the situation here is the "bitch" finally got her way!!!...She had been trying to get this track shut down for a few years now. It is no secret to those of us around here who is behind this whole deal....track owners were forced to sell, because of a very rich bitch, who moved in next door a few years ago, and decided she did not like the noise....it is sad to say, but if big money wants you to move!...You better start packing. Fucking shame!! the world we live in today.