Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kirkland Concours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodncustom, Sep 13, 2009.

1. rodncustom

rodncustom

I couldn't stay long so I didn't get all of the pictures that I wanted to but here's what I did get...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rodncustom

rodncustom

3. rodncustom

rodncustom

4. rodncustom

rodncustom

5. rodncustom

rodncustom

6. rodncustom

rodncustom

7. rodncustom

rodncustom

8. Awesome stuff...the boats are amazing....thanks for sharing

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing the photos If I had know that the hydros were going to be there I might have tried to make a trip over. I was a big fan of the Miss Bardahl boats when they were running.

10. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

wow old hydro's !
    how cool is that !?!!

11. rodncustom ... nice pics ... thanks for sharing!

I really dig that (Virgil Exner designed) '53 Chrysler GS-1 Ghia ... any pics of its engine?

Speaking of Exner, I guess that '57 DeSoto Adventurer Convertible is "okay" too.

I'm pretty sure that pale yellow '41 Chrysler Newport Dual Cowl Phaeton was the 1941 Indy 500 pace car.

I always wondered what became of vintage Unlimited Hydroplanes ... good to see that they are getting the exposure they deserve ... and in the water at a Concours! ... like VAPHEAD already stated: "how cool is that !?!!"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009

12. It was....thats what the info sheet said on it at Pebble Beach the other week.

13. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Awesome...thanks for the pics!

14. skunx1964

skunx1964

not a big fan of a lot of the cars, but damn those boats are sweet!

15. those pictures of the hydroplanes don't do them justice. the miss bardahl was always one of my favorites. when i was working a delta marine they would bring the miss budweisser in for repairs during seafair. the owners of delta marine jack and ivor jones had a speed shop at the end of the road and the old miss bud was in storage their. what a cool boat. i do recall at a boat launch flying up the dawamish in a flat bottom speed boat and wishing i never got aboard. going fast on water is nuts!

16. rodncustom

rodncustom

HEMI32, I agree, and that '53 Chrysler was by far my favorite of the show.

Unfortunately, atleast while I was there in the morning, the hood was not up.

17. alsancle

alsancle

That particular SJ Duesenberg is one of my favorites. I can remember the owner tooling around Auburn Ind before the ACD Festival a number of years ago. The Hydros are really cool too. Would love to hear them spin up. Thanks for posting.

18. banjorear

banjorear

Thanks. Some really nice cars. Kinda partical to the race cars and boats. Awesome stuff. Love that 555 roadster!

19. What a neat show, beautiful cars and the hydroplanes were extra good. Thanks for the pictures.
    Al

20. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

The boats are fantastic - thanks for including them!

21. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Thanks for sharing, it looks like I should be watching the schedule a little better.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, great event coverage, and I too enjoyed seeing the boats in the water as opposed to being displayed on a trailer. Thanks

23. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Wow! that's quite a show , there!

I especially like the early Virgil Exner/Mopar designs! The Ghia GS-1 with its' 180HP 331 C.I.D. Chrysler Firepower Hemi is jus' too cool. Ghia, the Italian coachbuilder, seriously hosed Exner/Mopar when It sold this design to German carbuilder Volkswagen to be built as a Karmann-Ghia.

Swankey Devils C.C.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Totally Awesome!! Both the autos and the watercraft are mindbending. What exceptional machinery, what a treat to view this rare stuff. Thanks for sharing with us. I agree with Denise, the boats look so cool actually in the h20!! Those engine turned instrument panels are so sweet, and the interior in that Merc. rag is super fine. Yoweee!! ~Sololobo~

25. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

RodnCustom, Great coverage of the show. Went there with Boones(his first time there)and checked out all the cool cars. Talked with the owner of the Triple Nickle roadster for awhile, what a cool guy with lots of history, until we were interupted by Bruce Meyer who wanted to know about the car...

The Hydros looked cool in the water and acouple of them did a little cackle fest twice while we were there, very impressive machinery...Alan

Link to my pics : http://public.fotki.com/Kustombuick/car_shows/2010/kirkland-concourse-/

26. alsancle

alsancle

Those are great pictures - thanks for posting them.