Register now to get rid of these ads!

KIRK! and the GG Gazette Road Tour article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Rinaldi, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Just got the Good Guys Gazette Feb. 2013. Kirk! wrote a really great article about the Rodfather Good Guy road tour from Pleasanton Ca to Indianapolis In. Most of the pictures that he posted here on the HAMB are in the article but the 13 day road trip description was a great story to go along with the pix. The stops along the way at all the cool things to see, shows how much leg work went into lining up the stops and the timing involved. The tour was a pretty darn tough ride actually , not many of us can just jump in our rides and drive that long and that far for 13 days but these guys made it look easy. Very nice article KIRK! very nice. BILL RINALDI ;)

2. Real good read...

3. belair

belair

I miss his contributions here.

4. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Not to sound like a KIRK! Stalker.....but what happened to him? When Belair made the comment I realized I haven't seen anything come across the screen from him inna time...

That said, I highly enjoyed the article as well....sounds like it would have been a fun one to be involved with.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's sporadic about posting depending on what he has going on. Now I guess I should have paid my Goodguys dues to be able to read the article.

6. Kirk! was on line yesterday,,the last big post was back a couple of months ago but it was about tios Road trip. HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742684

7. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Post a thread asking for car name suggestions and that may draw him in, they usually do.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Poof! Here I am!

Thanks for the nice words on the article. It was one of the toughest things I've had to write and edit because there were hundreds of pics I wanted to show and 10 times the amount of words I wanted to say. Culling it down to the 16 pages was hard. I got a message from Andy Brizio saying that he loved it.

As for posting, I don't do much any more. I just don't have the energy anymore to battle the Goodguys haters. I have done and do tons at Goodguys to promote HAMB-friendly stuff and the clueless haters who last went to a Goodguys event 10 years ago want to bitch about how I'm just promoting Goodguys on here with my photo threads - while choosing to ignore the photo threads from non-Goodguys events I attend too.

It's just not worth the hassle that turns into Ryan closing a thread.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Guess the T-Bird really didnt want to go.... had some issues along the way. was a great read. made me wish I was there.

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

that's funny

11. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thats too bad KIRK...I for one..enjoy your threads! The Rodfather write up was great!

12. belair

belair

"As for posting, I don't do much any more. I just don't have the energy anymore to battle the Goodguys haters."

I was afraid of that. At least keep us up to date on your next road trip or build.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm another who always really appreciated your threads and coverage on the Goodguys events.

I'd have to think that a lot of the most vocal haters are so because they feel it gives them creds as one of the "cool guys" and others that think a production company should put on events for free and forget that there are a lot of hands out for their share of that entry fee on major venues and they keep wanting bigger share.

14. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

I to miss your posts here, but i never miss reading LOWDOWN in the Gazette. Hope you stay with us on the H.A.M.B.

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

screw the haters!!! my car shows are down for a while and i miss your coverage. and i'm sure the majority of folks on here do to. again screw the haters!!!!!!!!come on back!

16. eddie1

eddie1

Kirk,
    x2
    I miss your coverage. I was a thread I always went looking for after a GoodGuys event.

17. ....I feel ya Kirk! Its not the same place it used to be. You do great work, always have. Truly a loss on the Hambs part

18. HRS

HRS

Another guy missing Kirk....actually I miss the Fonz more......

19. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Kirk.......You don't stop doing stuff and deprive the ones who like your articles just because a few don't like it....If you gave $20 bills away someone would gripe cause his wasn't a new crisp bill..........I'll say it for you.....I like Goodguys, Traditional, Flat Black Hot Rods, 50's and 60's cruisers.........Tattoo's (Cause my son does it for a living) and No Tattoo's...Slick back hair and the bald heads of us old timers too.....I like shiney paint and I like Patina (Fake and Real).........I Don't like people that can't take the good with the bad and carry on........Don't give in to a few gripers, keep putting your comments on here........who knows Ryan may delete some of your post....hehehehe

20. bonesy

bonesy

It's sad, but I fully get your point. (Great article in the Gazette by the way.)

21. X 2

22. Kirk! sucks!:D but in a good way!:D

Bring on all the photos you want,,just leave Fonzie at home! HRP

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks.

Nail on the head. I've explained it 1000 times and don't think 1001 will be the magic one. It's always puzzled me that they don't want to look at photos of cool cars regardless of where they were shown.

Anyway, I love cars and I'll keep loving them regardless of the "cool" guys. I dig see them anywhere.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I enjoyed the story and photos too, Kirk. Thanks!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Yep! I love photo coverage but it's really your build threads I enjoy the most. They seemed to involve the people building not just the build.

26. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

QUITER !!

I never pegged you as a quiter :(
    Unfortunately, there seems to be a large group of moaning, urinating bitches on here ( last two years or so ) who have to complain or bitch about everything.

If you do not like GoodGuys ... it is simple ... do not go to their events.
    MOST of the same compainers that bitch about GG events ... also bitch about the NSRA and its events

I will be 65 soon ... so I do not go to as many events as I used to. I have been to Louisville so many times ... I quit going a few years ago. Same for a few GG events. I only go now to the few events I do ... to see old friends that I only see at events or new events. Tired of the same old same O ...

I did go to the TRJ event in Baltimore MD. :)
    The wife and I took my 3W and had a good time because it was a new event and a new location for us.

IF GoodGuys has a new event ... within 500 miles of my home ... the wife and I would be there

27. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Whelp, least you haven't totally disappeared....I had feared the worst for a moment that Fonz with a band of dildo gypsies kidnapped you one bright sunny rainbowie day....

I'm glad I am incorrect....those guys changed me.......

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sadly, just like in the real world, the whining crybaby asshats have to ruin everything for the other 90% of us. I enjoy your posts Kirk and enjoy the local GG shows as well. Glad you aren't totally checked out. Will definitely keep an eye out for any future event posts and other things your can muster up the will to share. Thanks again for all the past contributions.

29. Muttley

Muttley

30. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

We did the last leg of the Rodfather Tour, Manteno to Indy. Last minute decision, one of the best things I've ever done with my car. Got to meet and chat with guys I've read about for years,a once in a lifetime opportunity.Couple of personal highlights, seeing KIRK cutting the coils on his car to lower it, while at a stop for lunch. Thats a hot rodder. While pulling out of the Speedway saturday, Andy Brizio was in front of us. At a stop light, he beeped, asked how much the old sedan was chopped, and said the car looked perfect, don't change anything. Its these things I will never forget, and if it weren't for Goodguys, Gary, KIRK, Andy and Roy it never would have happened. Thanks Guys for the memories.