Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kingsbury, Texas....Antique Fly In / Drive In

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skotz, May 23, 2008.

1. http://www.vintageaviation.org/aerodrome/index.html

This Saturday.....Its time again for the Kingsbury, Texas Fly in:D....quite a few cool rides drive in to check out the planes and unbelieveable shop where these WW "ONE"( like in really old stuff:eek:) are painstakingly fabricated. Its a really laid back day, usually the local boy scouts are cooking hot dogs, VFD folks are there as well as a bunch of just curious people:).
    Pol Wright is not doing any "organized" hot rod gathering this time, so its just a place to come check out and be a part of(no prizes, no plaques, just a neat place to be:cool:).....Roger (owner) would love to have like minded folks come check it out. Oh yea its between Seguin
    and Luling, for those of ya who are wondering "where in the heck is Kingsbury???)
    Skot

2. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

Sounds like an interesting weekend trip. I went to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, in Rhinebeck NY once. Imagine Model Ts with wings. Takes a lot of nerve to trust your life to those old airplanes but they are cool to watch.

3. Is there going to be a hotrod parking area like last year?

4. Kettleman

Kettleman

Dang, every year I plan to go and something comes up. Maybe next year.

Have fun Skot!

Kettleman

5. boscosis

boscosis

Does anyone know if it's paid parking, paid admission,etc. (I'm cheap). I'd love to take the family to check it out.

Thanks

6. Rusty

Rusty

Dude, we got to plan for stuff like this. a early heads up would have been nice. You better take lots of pics

Rusty

7. Just create a parking area:D....in the same area, seems to be the best place around
    Skot

8. Interesting, this post is #38 for you....same year as your coupe:D.
    Skot

9. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Wisht I could make it!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

10. Boscosis,
    Ya get off cheep this year:eek:....Roger doesn't have anybody to sit up front and collect money.....Butttt, you could always come up with a few bucks and donate to Roger, every bit does help and I think you will agree that is "was a good place to spend the day:D"

Rusty,
    The usual early heads up just kinda slipped by us:eek:......With Casey still down and out, that threw off the "Great Aero Drag Race":cool:.....and I unfortunatally have had a hellasious(how do you like that one) couple of weeks.....How's this for a game plan??? ...This fall, as in Nov 8th, Kingsbury Aerodrome will be having thier Fall picnic....ol Casey should be up and going by then:D, and we'll play it up big time....whoo hoooo. ...AND, with this much notice Ya'll better make it, as in no excuses:rolleyes:...hahaha
    Your "better late than never" poster friend
    Skot

11. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

12. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Have Fun!!!!!! :d

13. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

We miss all the cool stuff:(:mad: I'm putting November on my calendar!!!! Collin should be good and well by then ---- hot rod racin' the planes then hotel parking lot party:D..................my idea of BIG FUN:eek::D;):p

14. We have a In-opp fuel pressure guage, on the Cherokee.
    We will be there in the fall, though.

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looks like the fall for me also ..

16. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Too cool, wish we were closer. Love your youtubes Casey, thanks for posting them and hope your back will be better soon.

17. How's this for ironic.....I got some sort of food poisoning:mad:fri nite, and I wasn't able to fly down there either:eek:!!!!!....soooo, it will be on for the fall for me as well.....drats and gee whiz. I heard they had a pretty good turn out, around 50 planes. Roger flew the WW1 Jenny(Canuck):D and the Fokker Triplane:D for the crowds and the Spad 13 was on display for the first time with wings installed.....dang, I wish I could have made it also.
    Skot