Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks Chapter Three...Serious Bidness...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Peter Cetera and tv's Inspector Sledge Hammer (David Rasche) twins seperated at birth? You be the judge...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sorry Guys......

".....we now return to our regularly scheduled program already in progress......"

:D :D :D

3. hotdamn

hotdamn

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is the best call ever terd!!!

sledge was my jimmy jamb back in the day:D

and yes bradleys closes at 12 on sat.

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Sledgehamer, Karate Kid and License to Drive... I knew I liked you guys. Now if only someone threw out a RAD! quote or maybe gleaming the cube.

Just so I am not totaly off topic.... Terd what are you using for undercoating? I am on the fence about using bedliner on mine. Also are you using seam sealer?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

5. RAD! really? why don't ya just bring out the Thrashin' quotes while your at it.:):D

in all seriousness (if that can actually happen on the HAMB), Terd > keep it up man, can't wait to see this thing done especially with that pink engine/white firewall + inner-fender combo...in my minds eye it looks badass

6. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Hahaha! I bought Thrasher magazine when it was still newsprint and would get all over your fingers!

I'm using Por15 for under the cab and the frame. That stuff is plenty hard. Not rubbery like bedliner though if you're concerned about dents from rocks or road debris.

Thanks! I've been envisioning this in my mind for months now. I can't wait to see it done either, lol.

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Tonight, the passenger floor is 95% finished. Also, Jeremy James got me schooled up on how to do a cab corner. He is so good at what he does, it makes it so easy on me. I'm telling you guys, being able to learn from a (he's too humble but I'll say it) metal master has me a quadrillion times further along than what I would've been able to accomplish on my own.

So long story short, the passenger cab corner is tacked in really good. The fit is perfect and will stay that way so long as I don't foul it up with the rest of the welding. The piece that got cut out had a half inch of bondo and screws in it, lol.

So, one last cab corner after that and the cab is done! More pics soon...

8. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Good to hear its moving along.So when it the ride going to have its big coming out party?

9. Coming out???? Of what? The closet???:D

Looks killer dude.

BloodyKnuckles

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

I got RAD on DVD

"Go balls out Cru"

And Vision Quest was on the other night.

11. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks Ed! I'm not sure when it'll be done, but hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be at least driving around the block to work the bugs out.

Watch it dumb dumb. I'm almost done. Then I'll start pink-efying your Plymouth.

Rad!

12. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Tonight I got the passenger cab corner completed. Like nothing ever happened.

[​IMG]

The passenger floor is now 99% complete. Might as well say done. One more cab corner and the cab is totally finished!

13. I think Boobie would like that Plymouth in bright fuscia, maybe with some slime green scallops. :D

I saw the progress you had done the other night at the shop. It's definitely lookin good bub. I wish I had a mentor like JJ to help me with my Falcon.

14. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Boobie won't admit it, but he secretly loves fuscia.

And Jeremy is more than a mentor. He is a guru, swami, brainwasher cult leader, metal college professor, and awesomologist all rolled into one. The best part is he is so patient with all my idiot elementary questions about how and why. Funnier still is he gives me options on how to do things I don't understand, haha. I tell him I don't need options, I need to be given orders, lol. :D

15. 1959apache

1959apache

you suck.... :D

16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Ahahahaha! Believe me, I couldn't do it without my guru Jeremy James. He is indeed a master. The way he showed me was to not cut the entire corner out at first. First cut a couple of inches away from the final cut. This allows the patch panel to lay closer where it will finally go where you can get a more precise mark to cut. Then, your cut must be precise. You leave your scribed line and no more or no less.

For him, its as easy as it gets. For me, its like science. More like black magic, lol. But Jeremy James and his team built 8 race cars last week from the ground up. So in retrospect, a cab corner is indeed pretty easy.

In the end, as JJ (not to be confused with the other JJ, Jeffrey James) says, its just metal.

17. Absolutely rules, Terd!

(and the new avatar is "priceless"!)

18. hotdamn

hotdamn

jaroma is dialed fo sure! Jefe makes us look good from a design stand point and jaroma makes us look good from our shit being spot on:D

thank goodness for our jj's huh? :D

19. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Terd - Great work, nice truck, outstanding avatar! Don't be such a homophobe Boobie! Color is your friend!

20. Lookin' gooder Terd.
    Later,
    Dick

21. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'm quite polite like Walter Cronkite.

The entire Iron Lords roster reads like a who's who all star dream team boy band of awesomeness. Thank goodness for all y'all.

Thanks! Boobie's not afraid of color. Black is a color, well technically black is the abscence of color. Maybe he is afraid of color, haha!

Thanks DIck! I'm moving right along!

My goal is to have the last cab corner done, some tiny holes in the rear of the cab patched and the passenger floor totally finished this weekend. A bonus would be if I can get the frame and underside of the cab in POR15 as well and set the cab back on the frame. I have the other cab corner and a new cab mount kit, so I'm ready and steady.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What time are you going to be at the shop tomorrow morning? I might bring Memphis by to see some Hot Rods before I start thrashing on the Wizard.

23. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'll be there whenever you want to come by.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well it would be in the 8am-10am range if I do so if you're there cool if not, we'll catch you on the flip side! It's going to be another hot one tomorrow Terd so make sure you're hydrated.

25. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Well, now, Del, Shawn and I are going to C&D first thing to get Shawn brakes for his Model A and maybe an Olds column and dash for my pickup. But I'll be back at it around 12. Probably doing the POR if everything tonight goes well. Speaking of tonight, I'm going to the shop at 5 to hit it hard.

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Alright never mind then, I'll save the gas money and stay out of Concord. Take the camera tonight and shoot some pics. We all want to see some update pics!

27. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Man thanks for all the kind words.Im 90% full of shit. I just told you this stuff was easy and gave you the confidence. I didn't do much more than that. Your seriously kicking ass on this thing, your in that shop everyday and working late every night.
    There's nothing you cannot do.
    The hard work and perseverance of doing it right the first time is king, your truck will be the
    KING OF TRUCKS.

28. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

no
    thank goodness for our
    terds, hotdamns, and sintickets...
    the Iron Lords "ENFORCERS"
    without em we'd be unprotected!
    McQueen had it figured out....is there
    any better way to work on cars?

[​IMG]

29. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Here you go...

[​IMG]

The driver side cab corner is in and done. This one took a little more work. The passenger side was an older patch panel. The driver side is a newer piece. The newer ones aren't stamped quite as true. It took some hammer and dollying in just the right places. But, like I said, its in and done. I also finished up the passenger side floor. I also got the small patches done on the rear cab wall. The cab is now 99% complete.

All that's left is two small spots on the bottom edge of the back of the cab. Maybe an hour worth of work. And then a little work on the inner cab corners to seal up the cab from the outside. Maybe two hours here max.

I'll get the POR in the morning. It'll be put on tomorrow night or Sunday. Monday at the latest. Then the cab will be set back on the frame for good!!!

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You are 90% full of shit, hahaha! When you say this stuff is easy that is, lol. And when you say all you do is give me the confidence, haha! You've given me much more than that. Education. A crash course cram session trial by fire in advanced metal working!

We've used tools much more than guns. I think the guns have only come out two or three times, lol.