Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks Chapter Three...Serious Bidness...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Dude, I've been driving it and working out bugs and small issues. Like, it didn't feel as fast as it should. I tuned the four barrel as good as I can get it. Turns out the gas pedal didn't have enough travel to open the four barrel all the way. The secondaries weren't even coming on. I messed with the throttle pedal til I broke it. I fixed that and went from 50% open carb at pedal to the floor to 95% open carb at pedal to the floor. I will modify the pedal for complete travel to get that last 5%.

From here on out, it'll be a boring trip. I'll be cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay to make it all pretty along with some vintage style wire wrap. I'll also be swapping the Mallory Magspark and transformer back in. I've got some white plug wires on the way I'll be installing. That stuff should be done in the next week or so.

Besides the carb(s) decision, that'll pretty much finish up the engine bay. I may have mentioned previously that I have another whole bed in pieces. I'll be starting stripping that down to bare metal then priming very soon. I'll pull the bed that's on the truck off and do the POR15 on the rear of the frame and rear suspension before installing the new bed. Then it'll be on to fixing up the extra set of doors I have. Then body work and then paint.

But realistically, it wont be painted before next summer. Then it'll be on to the interior. Or I'll do the interior after the body work and before paint.

2. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

glad to see your truck out and running yesterday, did i mention the exhaust note is heavenly?

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Vids or we'll all think you drive a yellow miata.

4. Muttley

Muttley

I'd think that even with the videos. ;) :D

[​IMG]

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks Tater!! I love the way it sounds too!!

I'd never drive a yellow miata.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't have it any other way.

6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

IF I DO ride, you'll have to let me know what colors you want do I don't have to bring the kitchen sink!

I always have my stuff....you can borrow what you need. Do you do HOK? I have a FULL kit, like 25 or so cans. You can have. But you have to do me a kick ass panel to add to the wall O shame.

7. Ol'Chevy....PM sent!

8. 1959apache

1959apache

So.... what are you doing first again? hahaha

Yeah so.. do you want to do the plug wires for my plymouth???? It will be fun for you I promise!

9. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Any recent pics?

:cool:

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

No recent pics. I've been slacking, haha! Really, I've been taking my extra bed apart and taking it to bare metal. I repaired some holes in one fender and my bud Jeremy James helped me learn to use a shrinker stretcher to make a patch for the other one. I've got one more small section to strip on a bedside and I'll be ready for a primer sealer. Maybe before Christmas, maybe just after.

Afterwards, I'll be swapping beds and stripping and painting the rear of the frame in between. Then I'll start fixing up another set of doors I have. Then filler and paint. Maybe by next summer?

I'll quit slacking and get some pics up in a new thread soon.