Register now to get rid of these ads!

King Of Trucks Chapter Three...Serious Bidness...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

werd!

JeffyJames has good nail polish taste!!

So you guys already know the color scheme for the outside. I plan on a lot of white on the inside. So far, concrete interior plans are for a '58 Olds steering wheel with chrome column. There may or may not be a dash swap.

On the outside, the door handles and all trim are shaved. There may or may not be a big back window swap (mostly depending on if I can find a donor). i'll also be copying the grill in my dad's truck.

Like so...
    [​IMG]

I've got the grill. I need to modify the opening a teeny bit in the corners to fit the '57 grill. I'll either paint the supports black like he did or substitute some small unobtrusive flat metal to get the floating effect.

I'll also be copying pop's tonneau cover, snaps and all. But with some color in the pleats instead of black.

Like this...
    [​IMG]

I already have some RIGHTEOUS nos us royal tires with a killer sidewall design for after the engine swap. I'll be chroming two more stock wheels to finish off that part. I haven't dialed in what to do for bumpers front and rear yet. I've got a couple of options for tail lights, likely frenched into the rear fenders. Just trying to give you guys a window into my madness. :D

I appreciate all the support and comments. It means a lot and keeps me going! I promise to get some more pics up tomorrow night after shop night!

2. Looks good thru that window, Terd! I'll be using you as inspiration for my rebuild! Keep it coming........

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the seats in my vette were inspired by the upholstery in my impala, which are a rip off from a Steve Stanford drawing
    [​IMG]

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Love the grill. Dude you are truly going for it and that is inspirational to me and other self proclaimed hacks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

B, use me all you want!!

That interior is BEAUTIFUL!!! Really similar to what I want to do. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!

I am the hackiest of hacks. But I'm learning. And getting better. And I am truly going for it!!! A british color announcer for world super bike used to describe Noriyuka Haga's riding style as "win or bin". I'm showing my age considering how long its been since Haga rode in wsb, but that's my atitude too!

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

terdy, I am stoked for you bro!

I cant wait to see all of this come together:D

how about a 59 impala dash?

I know a dude that has about 20 of them!

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I've considered that for a swap but I'm not completely sold. I kind of want something with some more bright work.

8. I didn't know you were a WSB fan! So true on Haga. He was fast......at all costs!

9. hotdamn

hotdamn

bright work? did you say bright work???

I know a dude that does chrome too:)

we could chrome the whole dash!

10. hotdamn

hotdamn

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

IT's official, I am as excited as Payton would be if the Beeb were to knock on her door and preform a impromptu show for her. Your truck is going to be bananas Terd.

Here's the highlights for me....

Horizontal Pleats much like Moriarity in White
    -Purple carpet with white seats and white steering wheel?
    White Engine bay with Panel pinstriping around the body lines on inner fenders
    That Rad as fuck Cad mill
    You getting a crash course on the skills to build this truck and doing it with enthusiasm.
    The Homage to your father's truck

Only question, where are those damn Buick Wires when you need them!? Just kidding, the chrome steelies are going to be killer.

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dis be gettin' goooooood.

13. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

truck is looking good. some sort of metal like this painted black to get the floating grille effect would be cool I think..

Attached Files:

14. hotdamn

hotdamn

purple carpet with white piping and pink stitching!

also instead of doing tuck and roll in the step/rocker what about pearl white vinyl with diamond pink stitching, kinda like the trunk on the hirohata (however you spell it.) merc but with pink:D

15. hotdamn

hotdamn

Im thinking in the end we have got to do pearl purple paint with a darker purple fade job not so much in a winfield kind of way but more in a panel kind of way:D

16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Dude, Del will donkey punch me if I paint the inner fenders white. But I'm on your side. I hadn't thought about purple carpet. I had always thought black. But the purple is very appealing the more I think about it! And my idea is everything in the interior that is painted will be white. I just thought of a new name. Purple Rain. AHHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

Or purple lightning in spanish. Relampago Morado.

Thanks!

I thought about some expanded metal. But I'll be running a much bigger engine on the same 6 cylinder radiator. I don't know if I can stand to lose the air flow.

White piping is a must! Pink stitching is something else I hadn't thought of but sounds cool.

Two words...

lavender

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Carpet?

ANGEL HAIR!

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

First of all, White is the only correct color for your inner fenders. I always like to think WWMMD or What would Mark Moriarity do? Go white or risk being disappointed and filled with regret. But it's whatever you want to do. I'll just heckle you for not taking the truck all the way for the rest of your life. "Yeah Terds truck would have been cool...." :D :D

Del just wants you to paint them black because he can't fathom keeping the color white clean (i.e. his filthy white walls on his '54) :D Just kidding boo!

Lavender is not the right color. It contains too much grey and not enough magenta. If you look at the color closely you'll see what I am talking about. What you want is something with a bit more magenta to compliment the pink that's on the engine. I'll bring some swatches that we can look at.

I like those names but I think Purple Haze is more appropriate for you and your late night HLN binges.

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'm going white, haha! Nice tip on the color shades. HLN is over now that the trial is over. Mota Morada.

20. I know this guy that could lay the lines on the firewall and inner fenders pretty cheap......Think he's got purple AND magenta 1-Shot! :D

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's just began man!!! She's being sued and is fleeing to Puerto Rico this weekend. There's a killer on the loose!!! Hahaha!!!

Oh and another option on names is "The Purple Pickle" after the 1982 Atari game fast food which was a favorite in the James Gang household as I was growing up. Rad game where you had to eat everything as it flew at you but watch out for those PURPLE PICKLES, they'll kill you!!!!

[​IMG]

Yeah but he'd have to wait until October to get them done....unless you made a special visit to Concord :D.

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

This is My favorite pick-up build on the HAMB right now. That Caddy motor is one of the cleanest I've seen!

Subscribed.

iPhone - TJJ App

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Killer job Terd! I checked out your Caddy mill at HRW. That thing is so sweet! I am excited to see it in it's phases of completion and completion. That is the great thing that the HAMB offers us all. Keep up the great work and hope to see the truck soon with the Caddy mill between the fenderwells.

24. Not necessarily....Fall AutoFair????? ....Personal Invite???? ....Suprise visit on IL shop nite????

25. hotdamn

hotdamn

JJ I just think that the white inner fenders will not provide the right contrast against the pink!

and I still think Liberace is the best name out there dude.

think about all that bling and it's purple and pink???

COMMMMEONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

26. hotdamn

hotdamn

besides, think about that pearl purple with liberace written in a super fancy script at a 45 degree angle in a crisp white in between the cab and the fender on the front part of the bed!!!

it might be kinda gay but it would still be damn sexy!

27. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

lol...just kidding...lol!

28. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I can't wait to see it done. I love the engine. It looked killer at HRW..

29. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

[​IMG]

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson