Register now to get rid of these ads!

History King Fisher cab might have little PBR in it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Aug 5, 2009.

1. Ok, crazy small world, but wanted to run this past you guys. Input requested.

I have the King Fisher Ice Co. 1934 chevy truck cab, came from the hamb & I've pretty much built it here, too.

Thought I'd try luck at investigating some histry on this thing, so started with chasing down the King Fisher Ice Co. down in King Fisher OK.

The CO looks to have changed hands a few times & there is a little info on the net, but all in all....I ended up contacting K.F. Library, who didn't have much info, but the lady remembered the Ice Co. there and said she'd mail me something. Got a 1pg from a newspaper or book, and it shows The ice co became King Fisher bottling company, and then later purchased by the Pabst Bottling Co.

Ok....so to no avail, I've contacted Pabst Blue Ribbon and there archives lady......now It took 3 emails over the course of at least 3 months before I called them 1st hand.

All I got outta that lady was "Our records do not go that far back"......which to me says......"FU, my times more important than your silly truck cab." cause you know PBR has records.......

so what now ???? Carl Hagan & the build thread is on here if you need pics.

2. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Talk to people in there 80-90's. Maybe post a pic at the nursing homes..? reward for info..Can of Dapper Dan or milk shake? lol ..good luck

3. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

4. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I doubt the company has records that far back relating to delivery trucks.

It's still a neat truck.

5. Are you still working on it?

6. The truck body co. may have records... Did you get it as just a cab?

7. Yep, I got just the cab in panels. Got it finished now. I really appreciate all the replies.

I guess the biggest deal would be to prove a connection between Pabst Bottling Co & the now PBR tasty beer place.

Any other input......Carl Hagan