Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T What is your everyday car Import or American

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

I have a supercharged 95 Riviera that I love.... about as close as you can get to a big old car, yet it's front wheel drive and gets good MPG.... After getting in an accident in my Falcon and waiting for a year to get parts to fix, getting a job working 12 hour days 30 miles away, renovating a house and going to college - a daily driver old car just isn't in the mix for now.

I have done it and did love it. Will go back to that in a few years, making the Riv strictly a winter car.

2. Big-Olaf

Big-Olaf
    BANNED

Got a '91 VW Vanagon when it rains, and a '04 Buell XB12 Lightning when the sun is out....:D

Attached Files:

3. Import AND American!

[​IMG]

And because no bastard wants to touch it over here, most of my parts (including US-made go-fast goodies) have to come from the US too, so I can do it myself.

4. My dailys have been GM for a while now, I used a Ford for a while too... I like to run old cars that aren't too exciting, because of the road salt and snow and pricks on the road. Consequently I don't spend much on them, hell the one Buick I had was a free car. A few brake lines later I drove it.

5. "Anyone thinkin' their american car is american, in the way we tend to think of that, is totally foolin' themselves. Even vehicles that are produced in this country...they still have so many parts that are manufactured on other soil that there really is no point in trying to use that justification. Also, like DrJ pointed out, stockholders are spread out throughout the world. Nevermind the fact that those factories that assemble "imports" put a lot of food on our tables...I don't think where their profit goes is anything to bitch about...at least they don't send their jobs to India."

Yeah, I heard that one before. But one GM/Ford/Chrysler worker in the US affects 10 other non-automotive US citizens. People working in Toyota/Honda/BMW plants in the US affect only 4 other US citizens. Just so you know that the domestics have a much greater impact on our economy.

I drive a 2000 Dakota. POS in my opinion but after you rebuild the tranny, replace all the ball joints, and the ECU, it's dead reliable and I gotta have something to haul my junk around with. Keeps me from getting speeding tickets, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.