Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T - old school flying car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slefain, Mar 12, 2010.

1. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I've seen flying cars before but this one is just weird:

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/articles/templates/generalArticle.xhtml?articleId=63283

It is for sale just up the street from my work, but I'm out of town to see it. I just don't see how it flew. I know the old air racing GBs were hell to fly due to their short wingspan, so I can't imagine how this one must have handled. I guess it is a piece of history until someone can find an older flying car.

Gotta dig the work though, made it himself.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I am a long time aircraft enthusiast and have seen lots of older planes, both production and experimental, and have NEVER seen this one before. As a converstaion piece, or museum display, it may have some utility, but I can't imagine it would have very good flying characteristics. As for dual purpose use, that sounds pretty impractical for this particular design for several reasons. Neither a good car nor a good airplane. Pretty much the case with all the 'flying car' efforts over the years. Thanks for posting though, interesting item to see.

Ray