Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T : Old Boats & Motors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Yard Chevy, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

Let me know if this is too O/T, but I tought I'd try to tap this wealth of knowledge anyway.
    Neighbor has an old 17' '55 fiberglass boat (Can't rember the name) but it's pretty Cool. It has a '65 Johnson Out board 90 Hp 4 Cylinder w/ dual point ignition.
    So, my question is, does anyone know of any good sources for info on this engine, particularly right now firing order...Anything would be helpful...

Thank you
    BYC

2. This is mostly Mercury stuff, but check under links for other makes...

Bob's

There are more than a few boat enthusiasts on the HAMB.

3. Johnsons and Evinrudes are basically the same engine..., sounds like you have the V-4 powerhead (no longer in production) parts are still available but becoming scarcer! [​IMG]

There are vintage outboard motor clubs but I don't think you have to go any further than your nearest (prefferably oldest) boat supply house or marina! [​IMG]

That is one of the simplest engines around and it takes a lot to kill them. [​IMG]

I've found them on the bottom of lakes with Mussells in the cylinders..., Knocked the Critters out of it, regasket it and started right up! [​IMG]

Mark