Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T Ghost Towns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

[​IMG]

I had to do alot of driving this weekend and decided to take all back roads. Besides coming across some pretty cool old tin laying around, I drove through a couple of North and West Texas ghost towns. The crappy phone pic is of a circa 1900 Jailhouse in Clairmont, TX. I came across it at dusk and it couldn't have possibly looked any cooler. Besides years worth of graffiti, it was really amazing to check out. I am sure the high school kids for miles around have been making pilgrimages for years. Highways are great for getting where you are going, but I for one still like seeing the world.

2. JamesG

JamesG

That would make a great back drop for car pictures.

3. hemi

hemi

Boy.. i bet if THOSE walls could talk..... that's cool.

4. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

wow, pretty neat place, there are acouple places in WA where they have abonded towns have always wanted to go out and explore.

5. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

Our daughter and her husband own the Manhattan Bar & Motel, in Manhattan, Nevada. They have been serving cold ones for over 100 years!

Manhattan dates back to it's first silver strike in the 1860s, then had several more "booms" through the early 1900s. Now there is a huge open pit gold mine just below Manhattan (population 120 something). :)

Attached Files:

6. yeah! a killer taildragger in front of that would look hot. would look just as kickass if in b/w, or at least I think so.

7. 41woodie

41woodie

I'm sure the ground around that little mission building looks like it's been plowed but I'd still like to give it a go with my metal detector, you never know what might turn up.

8. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

9. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

I've read about a few abandoned mining towns in BC/WA. Same here, always wanted to go and explore. Did it back in Australia with my Dad, found some pretty cool shit.

10. Terry

Terry

Hey I know that place!

Attached Files:

11. Randsburg California, Old Mining town

[​IMG]

12. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hey Bob, Are you gonna put that on the roof of the Merc too ??? Merry Christmas !
    Rob