Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kind of o/t-267 Chev flat top pistons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainh8r, Mar 5, 2009.

1. rainh8r

rainh8r

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of higher compression pistons for a 267 Chev? I'm trying to get the compression up a couple of points and heven't been able to find anything except stock. It's a 3.50 bore and I'm kind of experimenting with this engine. Thanks, Rob

2. dbradley

dbradley

Here's a site with LOTS of parts for one. Even 'hotter' cams, etc. However, they only show "stock" pistons (9.5:1) Who knows if they actually stock them though.

http://www.amotion.com/csb.html

Only produced from '79 to '82 there's not much demand for parts.

3. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

Save yourself the trouble and loose the 267. Money versus what you get in aftermarket power sucks.

Jon

4. rainh8r

rainh8r

The 267 isn't much to start with, so I'd like to try something with it. I've got other engines, but I've never seen anyone try to make these little ones do anything. I'd really like to see what a little more compression, less friction, and a few other improvements would do. The small bore is the problem-the pistons are not close to any other small block, so it looks like I may have to adapt something or find someone to make them if I want to continue this project.