Register now to get rid of these ads!

Key Blanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 15, 2003.

1. So I went to 3 places looking for 61 Merc keys. The last one (a locksmith) had blanks, but they looked really lame (like the keys I already have). Anyone know where to find cool blanks? I'd like something that says Mercury on 'em.

Why do I feel smartass responses comming? [​IMG]

2. McGrath

McGrath

I had to buy a replacement Tumbler for the Ignition switch to get the correct Keys for my '65 F100. The shape and design are the same as the originals, but there is no lettering on them. You might try a Ford dealership, but my local Dealer told me he couldn't get them.

Yours are probably the same as mine, for that matter the Ignition Tumbler may even be the same. I bought mine at AutoZone. I had the original key for mine, but it wouldn't open the Doorlock so there were either two keys originally, or the ignition Tumbler had already been replaced at some time and the Door key lost.

3. 55olds88

55olds88

Seems to be a dude on ebay always selling original GM ones, do a search there....

4. old beet

old beet

Lots on E-Pay....OLDBEET

5. Oh hell man I didn't even think of e-bay. They have 1961 Comet GODHEAD keys!! THANKS! Damn thats cool... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]