Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevan sledge just got ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Kevan, hopefully this incident won't change you, you have always had an open heart and house to people in this hobby, what good is it to have possesions if you can't share it with people , I know it is tuff to lose the stuff you purchased with so much sacrifice, but don't lose your faith in human kind, You have always been generous with your belongings and your friendship, We are just care takers of this stuff and when we die , the only thing that stays with us is our good achievements in life and the amount of friends we had, This is our true wealth, and my friend you are a very wealthy man at a young age. We that our your friends will hopefuly help you out of this , because for now, it's our turn to help you out.

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Getting ripped pff is a bummer. My question is? at the end of the original post, you stated, he is trying to get the rest of his stuff out before "they" come back?

WHo is they? and if THEY did wouldnt he be waitng for them? I know I would be, I havent read all the posts, only the original and a feew others.

My heart goes out to Kevin, but is there more to this? I have to ask....

3. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Man I hate a theft....

Sorry to hear anyone gets ripped off of something they have worked hard for.

My home has been broke into and it feels like total shit.......

But if I know one thing in life for sure ,

I would HATE to have the H.A.M.B brotherhood after my ass....

In one way I hope the reward thing works out,but in anther way I hope one of Kevan's friends finds them first.....am just saying...

BTTT...

Good luck......

4. Hank-MOON

Hank-MOON
    from Sweden

Hey man, that sucks !!
    Get the word to Dean at Dice, he's got a nose for early Caddy speed equipment.
    // Hank

5. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

"They" is in reference to the theifs. I had a huge pipe wrench and Vic had a baseball bat. Vic and I waited till 3 am and nobody showed. Yes we were ready to crack some skulls. Let's just say I was looking forward to seeing red stuff come out of their heads. Im sorry im so morbid, that's just the way I am. I can't stand theives and liars. The items that were stolen were far too personal to Kevan and very personal to the club. The items that were stolen from the "T" were very special. That was the first hotrod ever in our club. History was RAPED from our club and alot of memories for Kevan were raped from him. Remember there is always a story behind the good old speed equipment. And I am sure he knows all of them. I could keep going but I won't. Thank you Miguel you are a good man. And good friend.

6. nolly

nolly

Nicely put,Miguel.

7. NOTCH

NOTCH

That f#ckin sucks man! I hope you catch the bastrerds that took your stuff.. just keep spreading the word around, post fliers at auto stores, junk yards and even the local clubs/bars.. I will do my best to keep an eye out and tell folks up here..
    and if you need anything, let me know...
    Notch.

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Kevin has to get back to his family and has to vacate the house , for it is sold. moving incures a lot of expenses, and is no fun, I doubt he has time to wait for the crooks to come back, I figured it was more than one person because so much stuff was stolen.

9. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

I just got back from getting fuel and I drove through Kevan's alley to check up on things. I saw a woman watering her garden and I asked her if she saw any vehicles driving thru here and she said when, and I said sometime last week. She told me that there was a white old 50's 60's impala, a tan mid 90's chevy truck, and a brown mid 90's chevy truck, both are single cab. If you know anybody with these vehicles in this area please contact Kevan or me privately. Thank you.

10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ok guy's we've got a lead, let's stay on it.

11. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I hope you get everything back.

I had a guy in a local club that I was in(keyword was) that traded me some wheels/tires and parts for an off topic truck. Within a couple of weeks the police came and told me the parts were stolen from a fellow hot rodder. The police were able to get them back to rightful owner, thank god. But the fun part is that I'm out the money I was going to get for the parts and the truck. Don't know if he ever got caught. It really sucks.

God bless you and hoping and praying for you.

12. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

Kevan,I'm so damm sorry to hear about this,definatly an inside job. Makes me sick to think that a fellow car guy would have anything to do with this. Sure stuff will turn up..my eyes are pealed for you. If you need ANYTHING please let us know. If someone starts a reward fund..I'm good for $100. When this guys caught who's up for stringing up human pinata and taking turns swinging. This has to stop.

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

That makes it suck even worse.... I figured there was more, I agree it probably was an inside job, it sucks when it may be someone he knew.

14. plan9

plan9

i just saw this and wow, that is fucked. Kev, im real sorry to hear this. if there is anything i can help with just let me know. i cant imagine how this feels.

ill donate something to your information/capture reward.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  15. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

Bakersfield and pomona swap meets are next weekend, lets keep an eye out boys.

16. long beach is tomorrow...... anybody going can keep an eye open.....
    i know this shitting feeling... sorry bro

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

this is crazy hope he finds the bastereds

18. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Yup, my bet too, someone real familiar with the place and who's home when.

19. This is the some of the worst shit I have ever read on the HAMB.

'makes me sick to think about it. I hope something 'right'

comes out of all of this. Even though I'm on the other side of the

world, I'd be more than happy to help out in some way.

CM

20. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I would be in for putting up a $ 100. towards a capture reward. PM me.

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Okay guys , we have a description of the vehicles, I think they are from the Riverside area, if they were from out of town, they woulden't have arrived in three vehicles, please p.m. hudson Joe if you know who they are, also check the local flee markets, this is where stolen stuff is usally sold. If any body is going to the rosebowl antique swappmeet, keep your eyes peeled.

22. SICBOY

SICBOY

MAN this is some F@*ked up shit!!! hope you get your stuff back, I would crack some skulls :mad:

23. Jesus, what's the world coming to - I'm absolutey gutted for you. Hopefully you can get some of your stuff back. Maybe keep an eye out at VLV for your wifes clothes, someone might be wearing them or someone might be selling them. Any leads are good leads right. Also chances are that the thieves are also reading these replies, remember that & they may go to ground for a while. Heres wishing you the best of luck in catching the lowlife scumbags

24. jdrew

jdrew

For the guys attending swap meets this weekend or in the future, be sure to ask any vendors you see, especially the ones selling speed parts, if they have...or know of...any Cadillac speed parts that may be for sale. Play dumb of course, but you never know if you can get another lead to their whereabouts.

Gut-wrenching story, makes me sick.

25. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

This makes me sick to the core!

Fucking Rats!! Scums! Lowlife pricks!!

Good luck with all this and be sure to know that we'll be keeping a solid lookout for that sort of stuff internationally!

HC.

26. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

why dont you guys takes some pics of impalas down to this lady and ask her which year she thinks she saw cause that isnt much to go on, 50's or 60's is a lot of different body styles there to keep a eye out for.

like i said i live in riverside and i am always driving around cause of my job. i do roofing so i am always on some bodies roof getting a birds eye view of the back yards. pm me what area he lived in and try to find out what year that impala was and if i see one in that area i'll give you the location i seen it at. i'm pretty sure i have seen a 59 or 60 once but i cant remember what part of town it was in.

27. grichards790

grichards790

Here is another way to search Craigslist nationwide or specific locations:

http://www.totalcraigsearch.com/

Change the category to For Sale, enter your search term(s) and location. It takes a little while to do its search but works well. It is pretty word specific. Hope this helps to keep an eye out and that you get your stuff back.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Good idea on identifiying the specific year of the impala, that would narrow it down a bunch.

29. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

This sucks that his stuff was stolen, but why didn't Kevin post this? I had someone steal something from me once and I pounded on EVERY door around my house and got a TON of leads and I got my stuff back from the 'tweaker' and he didn't want to play catch when I showed up with my baseball bat.

I'm sorry that he had his stuff stolen, but it REALLY sounds like it was someone that knew him or was very close to him with the stuff that was stolen. I would look at the people around him and not trust ANYONE! This doesn't sound like a 'smash & grab'.

Dumb question, but does he or anyone have any shots of the car parts or clothes(Who the heck steals clothes?) that were stolen? I can keep an eye out here in the mid-west or on the web if someone tries to get rid of it.

30. Muttley

Muttley

Plenty of people apparently. My ex had her house robbed a couple of months ago and all my Daughters school clothes were taken.