Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ker-Blam-O

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michael_e, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Michael_e

Michael_e

I bought the t-5 mainly for the shifter position on the tail shaft. I knew it had some issues when turning the input or output shaft seemed to hang up and bind. I was hoping for a little bit better on the insides, but didn't know it could get quite this bad. I haven't taken it all apart yet to see if i can find out what caused this disaster, but it sure seemed like the shifter fork mechanism seemed loose. Don't know if that caused all this or if it got knocked loose by flying gear teeth.

Attached Files:

2. Yikes - not a pretty sight! :(

3. Michael_e

Michael_e

I got this trans for parts to swap tail housings to a good t-5 trans i've got stored. Then the good t-5 will go behind the banger engine in my 28 coupe. I'll get the bad one all tore down, inspected, and then make a list of needed replacement parts. Never know what you can find at a swap meet. Mighe even find another t-5 with a bad tail housing.

4. jerry

jerry

2nd, 3rd and the OD gears along with the cluster gear.

I've only taken out 2nd on one and the input and cluster on another. Ended up going to a 2.54 rear gear with a muncie. 3rd gear is top around town, 4th acts like an D on the freeway.

jerry