Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kent Fuller Top Fueler Recreated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riceman, Apr 22, 2011.

1. riceman

riceman

I changed the magneto cap color with some modeling magic. How about some added ballast weight ? 100 pounds ? LOL I put my neighbors kid to work on the Weedburners and a Gofer's view for FUN ! How did that varmit get into my garage ?

Attached Files:

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Roger, hire that gopher, he takes great pictures. I'd leave the ballast off, they always look great smoking the slicks with the wheels in the air. :D Must admit that your ballast looks like the load they ran on the car back then and it definite looks correct for the car, but man...100 lbs is a lot of iron.

3. riceman

riceman

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top _yuid="yui_3_1_1_3_133048483925067">11 months ago, I decided to recreate my Hometown, San Leandro, Ca. based Kent Fuller built Top Fuel dragster that was known for very fast MPH runs. There were a few others before me that looked for the M & R Special or recreate it.
    For reasons out of my control, the racer was never built. With the blessing from Edna Masters, the Richter sisters, Kent Fuller and Lefty Hay, the recreation was started.
    Today the clock has stopped for me to get the M & R recreation ready for it's first public showing in raw form, bare metals and mockup motor.
    I want to thank Dave Tuttle for doing a very fine job of construction on the tail section, detailing my body forming and made corrections that needed changing. Kent Fuller who made parts and steered me in the right direct for the chassis replica. Robbie Morris III and Bob Melville for the time in their shops and welding. Doug Peterson for the rear rolling stock and engine block .
    There are so many others who have helped along the way and I want to thank you all.
    Enjoy the pictures and thank you again.

Roger C. Lee

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

4. rick finch

rick finch

Except for no paint that is dead nuts EXACTLY how I remember it...outstanding Roger!

5. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

BTTT. Uneefing real. Roger that has to be one of the most beautiful cars out there. Congratulations on making your deadline. Wish I could be there to see it in person. Fantastic work by all. Todd

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Outstanding job! Very well done.

7. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Your recreation is fantastic, one of the best i have ever seen, perfect details:):):)!

If you take it to Bakersfield, you might see 3 Swedish guys from SVDA
    (Swedish Vintage Dragrace Ass.)

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

8. robber

robber

I only wish that I could see it in person right now! Kent Fuller must be as excited as anyone to see this recreation of yours, Riceman! Millions of gallons of thanks for not only doing it, but also sharing every step of the way with all of us! What an entertaining, informative adventure, rekindling great memories :D

9. Looking good Roger!!!

Sam

10. riceman

riceman

Kackle Ken and I had a great time for the first day. Before Masters & Richter, this Top Fueler was the Fastest SBC Fueler in the country, Champion Speed Shop driven by Sammy Hale. Yesterday Sammy sat in his former ride....BITCHIN ! Don Ewald of WDIFL.com, Forsberg Bros ( VH Jr. Fueler ), John Middleton, Gerry Steiner, original Crew Guys from the Champion Speed Shop AA/FD and early birds at the March Meet all had a good look . More updates later.

11. Here's a pic of Roger with his bitchin' Masters & Richter Top Fueler re-creation @ March Meet '12:

[​IMG]
    image by HAMBer Scott

... and another snapshot I found on the Auto Club Famoso Raceway's facebook page ... in the album entitled "March Meet 2012 Thursday":

Roger Lee's re-creation of the M&R Top Fueler @ March Meet (3-1-12).jpg
    click thumbnail to enlarge

12. das858

das858

First off, what a beautiful car! I have the Jan. 1964 Hot Rod magazine with the feature on the car that I've admired for years. I'm just starting on a F.E.D. build, along with two of my best friends, and your great pictures will be very helpful.

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Car looks Great!! Roger, One of the guys on the Classic Funny Car board has some really nice shots of it posted Tim Jones

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Pure Essence of Dragster!

15. March Meet 2012 Thurday - 1 (by Shane Boyungs).jpg March Meet 2012 Thurday - 2 (by Shane Boyungs).jpg March Meet 2012 Thurday - 3 (by Shane Boyungs).jpg
    images by Shane Boyungs ... click thumbnails to enlarge

16. riceman

riceman

Thank you for all who stop by and had a good look at the Masters & Richter Replica. I had a sendoff party by the Masters, Richters and Hay team before leaving. Photo by Devin Gardiner, grandson of Sid Masters & Photoshop. Too Cool !

17. riceman

riceman

Opps , here is the picture. Left to Right, Will & Mrs. Richter, Edna & Sid Masters, Big Bob Haines, Dora Lee, Shelia, Rick, Betty Richter, and Mrs & Lefty Hay.

Attached Files:

18. One Finger John

One Finger John

Beautiful job! But I gotta ask (if no else has), if you were to run it in anger (you might), who of the newer drivers would you ask to be your pilot? Or would you go looking for an old dog? ;)

John

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Wow! I've been following this build for what seemed like forever and learned a lot along the way. Amazing work right down to the last little detail. Thanks for sharing the build progress with everyone and congrats on completing such a beautiful and iconic dragster. I only wish I lived closed enough to see it in person. Someday! Riceman, you rule!! Todd

20. riceman

riceman

Thank you ! Besides all the great fan reactions, some of the guys who saw the Masters & Richter Fueler race came to view my Replica, Tom Jobe (Surfers), Danny Broussard (Mangler & Hawaiian), Denny Forsberg ( Vic Hubbard's Jr Fueler ), Donnie Johansen (son of Howard Johanson aka Howard Cams & Rods), Gerry Steiner ( I crewed for him for 31 years ) and fans from Northern and Southern California. There were others from many other from countries who enjoyed it also. A few fans thought the Weedburners were aimmed up at the wrong angle. They still need to be NITRO HEAT TREATED ! THANKS AGAIN

21. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I know I've missed the answer to this question somewhere in this thread, but whatever became of the original M&R car? Tom S. in Tn.

22. riceman

riceman

For the new drivers in Top Fuel would be Adam Sorokin and for the old Guys, Gerry Steiner. I have crewed for both and are good friends.

23. riceman

riceman

Sid Master sold everything to a guy named Henry, Henry sold the car only to another guy Herb. I left out the last names for a reason.
    Henry still has all the parts that came with the car and won't sell them to me. I haven't got hold of Herb. End of story and still missing.

24. rick finch

rick finch

Adam is the real deal...great guy.

25. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Thanx much. I think I get the pic. Tom S. in Tn.
    P.S. your car is a precision piece of art work, and a real jewel.

26. Very nice.....

27. riceman

riceman

Some Sunday Smoker.....are we having FUN YET ? You BET !

Attached Files:

28. Big Dad

Big Dad

I seen it at March meet, its an incedible piece ..

amazing workmanship sir

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I've always said, if you aren't having fun doing it, why are you doing it?

Living our dreams is what it's all about!:D

30. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Where can I get an Enderle Injector scoop just like that???????? I've looked at swap meets and ebay? Anyone want to sell one or trade???????? Stan