Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kent Fuller needs some Photoshop help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

That's okay Allison, I'll stick with mine too!!! (take that :p )

I went to art school - I totally get the "loose sketch/conceptual rendering" side of the coin.

On the other hand - I ended up becoming a CAD Tech, so I know the power of vector art. Believe me brother - it's every bit as fast.....and undo's are handy :)

2. Just to bring this back to the top.
    Pencil art is pretty to look at, but thats about it. With vector art, you can save it, alter it, scale it, skew it, change colors, move it on it's own background.
    You can also use the vectors for color separation, vinyl paths, CNC operations like cutting steel,routing wood.
    I will stick with vectors for all my artwork.
    Yes, I can use a pencil, I learned that 50 years ago.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

There ya go Kent.....
    May they open the gates at Area 51 when ya come buzz'in thru.
    Pencils or tablets..it don't matter...communication is the key.

here is a 15 minute quickie.

[​IMG]

4. ALLISON

ALLISON

Hey, sorry I even posted my opinion. I didn't go to art school, I dont do CAD, I've never had a use for it.....I'm just a "hack" with a nice set of pens. Hey Norwell, thats a fine looking piece of art a few posts up. I would post my renderings on it but thought it might be better to keep the ideas under wraps until something is picked, you will dig it though.... They have my "loose sketchs" already to look at and I happened to talk with Winfield over the week end in San Fran, he said he might be painting the thing and really loved what I had done.. Anyway, he has the originals now.
    Please, no more debate about paper or CAD, everyone has their medium and mine happens to be the old fashion way at this time. You Rock the Photoshop stuff, I'll Rock the Markers and maybe if I get schooled up, that will change?

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Jeff..you going to Detroit again this year?
    Maybe we could hook up?

Umm.. my lil diddy was just a ruff thought while I was in between briefings....
    .. just messing with some marker comps.Much better ref. is needed for me to take this seriously.
    see ya round

6. ALLISON

ALLISON

Yes I am, My best friend lives a few blocks from the Hall so we will be around all week end. There are a few other fun things we are planning to do also if you want to tag along. Want me to call you when we get there?

7. av8

av8

Hey, guys, Fuller is absolutely knocked out by the illustrations so far. This wasn't intended to be contest, however, just a request for ideas and illustration help.

May we please get back to what this is supposed to be about -- supporting one of our hot-rodding heroes in his latest racing venture?

No one who contributes to this effort will be overlooked or short changed. Fuller would not let that happen.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will you be particpating in the panel jam there or have any original artwork for sale while here in town??:cool:

9. ALLISON

ALLISON

I could bring some, and I would love to join the jam...how do I get involved, send me some info or sign me up and I'll be there!
    Just to stay on the topic of the 'liner and since I have already submitted my stuff, hear is what I came up with. (I guess there is no need to hide it away) Nothing to fancy, not CAD work, but pretty cool I've been told by anyone who has seen them. If I had some better pics of the car I would do some more acurate renderings.

Attached Files:

10. ALLISON

ALLISON

wanted to bring this back up to the top. Anyone know when the car is getting painted or how many people are involved with the paint design?

11. ALLISON

ALLISON

One more time back to the top....... anyone know whats going on with this right now? I thought they were going to be talking about what paint to use this week, maybe it was this weekend?

12. Relax, if Ryan said he's working on it he's working on it and that we will be able to help Kent. Be patient.

13. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

It's a "mark of the times."
    In my grandfathers day, a response by snail mail could take 3 months.
    Nowdays with the internet; people get "restless" if they don't get a response in 10 min.!

I can say; Kent, Mike and Ryan are working "flat(s) ** out!" :D :D
    (** pun intended!)
    Patience EVERYONE; all good things shall come to pass!!

14. six3amc

six3amc

Allison... awesome designs. Think I've seen your stuff in a few magazine ads.

15. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

16. av8

av8

Once again I want to thank everyone who's rallied to support Fuller's 'liner project, both with design schemes and illustrations, and offers of hard cash.

The pace of this deal has to be driving some of you youngsters nuts, but there's a lot involved, plus there's the codger factor; Fuller and his cronies, myself included, function at a considerably slower pace than you do -- and slower than which we once made things happen. That doesn't mean we've forgotten about your contributions or are ignoring you. We're just a little slow in arriving at decision points. It's one of the perks that come with surviving six or more decades as racers and warriors. Think of us as being contemplative.

We're still a few weeks away from locking onto a graphic scheme for the 'liner, and in the meantime a simple presentation is being worked on that Fuller will take to one potential major sponsor. There are also some illustrations featuring HAMB signage that will be made available to Ryan to use as he sees fit.

The bottom line is that things are moving along . . . just hard to tell at times.

Again, thanks, and hang in there, it's going to get real good real soon.

Mike

17. Heh heh...yer killin me, Mike...
    glad I could help a little.

18. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

See, I told ya ... It WILL get better!

Mike, for future reports; maybe you could start a NEW thread!
    e.g. - Fuller LSR Liner Progress

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It will have it's own thread and page soon... promise.

20. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

21. Is Kent making progress on his car ?

22. Rich Fox posted this final paint pic in another thread. Any more updates?

Attached Files:

23. av8

av8

Work on the 'liner has ramped up in the last few months, spurred as much by its forthcoming appearance in a tribute exhibit in an arts gallery in NorCal. Here's a link to the exhibit . . .

http://gualalaarts.org/Exhibits/Gallery/2012-06AutomotiveArt.html

What's especially significant about the venue and how it relates to Fuller is that one of hot rodding's favorite artists/illustrators, Rex Burnett, moved to Sea Ranch, near Gualala years ago and was instrumental in establishing the gallery. The 'spark plug' for the gallery and this exhibit is one of Rex's sons.

I won't go all the way back through the final shape-up; I have a blog underway that will cover the 'liner in detail. But here are some images, beginning with the shiny white that Vern Tardel squirted on it a week ago -- following many hours of filler, priming, and blocking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for images of the 'liner when it's on the deck, which will come along in just a few days. Be prepared to be amazed at how small this car is, and how small the hole is that it punches through the air.

Mike

24. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Wow!!!
    Great paint layout.
    I remember seeing the Liner under construction in 2001 (i think) at Verns.
    Hope to see it running soon.
    Michael

25. Thanks Mike!

26. av8

av8

I stopped by the shop this morning and Steven Fuller and a pal drove up from SoCal to help the old guy with the reassembly and installation of the suspension/final-drive elements. Steven is one of a select few folks Fuller will allow to do serious work on the car. Anyway, the 'liner might be back on its wheels tomorrow, and I will look in and get some pics to share.

Most of the images that have appeared here and on a couple of other boards show the 'liner in the rotisserie; on its wheels, it's barely knee-high!:cool:

Later . . .

Mike

27. A (mostly) white, minuscule 'liner on the salt? I dunno . . .

Willi

28. Waiting like a kid at Christmas