Register now to get rid of these ads!

kenny g from philly

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by gbones32coupe, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Im only 28 years old but I am old school. I love to build hot rods and am trying to get all my friends into hot rodding. I will have my 1930 ford 50's hot rod done in the spring 2007 and will be out cruisin. Hope to see some of you guys and gals out there. check out ocean city maryland cruisin weekend in the spring I will be there.go to (ococean.com) to get dates:)Here are some pics of what it look like before. I just started buffing up the old laquer and it came up so good I said I'm not painting this thing. It's good enough for me!!!!!!!
    Hear is a picture of my grand father in 1966 sitting next to my model A. he died in 2006 at age 101.
    [​IMG]
    Here is some more history with the car. dad dug up this old photo from when he use to drag race it back in the late sixtys. I am in the prosess of trying to get more pics of the car but not too many turn up so here is one. [​IMG] and when I got it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here is when I did the body work on the fire wall. [​IMG] And here it's in paint. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    AHotRod likes this.
  2. Montechris

Montechris

Hey, welcome. What HS did you go to? i went to school in that area.

3. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I'm working on a model a it's got a 57 corvette 283 sing quad. 4 on the floor. 57chevy rear. 48ford front end. 50 merc dash. body is channeled 4'' 32ford grill big hedders and contenental kit fenders on the front.
    Don't worry Im not keeping this manifold or intake on here its just on here so I can drive it this spring. [​IMG]
    This is what I'm working on now! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have been running break lines for a week now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  4. welcome from hatboro pa

5. Stone

Stone

Welcome board dude, Any more pics of your car? Looks killer. I dig that style of build.

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome from Zip City, Tejas !!!

7. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

[​IMG] polished the head lites, brackets and put them on.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Had to fix the rad so I can put a over flow hose on. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Started the fuel system by polishing all my fittings. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] gotta fix this floor [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think that the head lites look cool like this [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  8. Rolf

Rolf

Looks very cool, nice to have all that family history with your hot rod.

Need to see more shots of the car when you get it outside.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

thats pretty cool. Keep us updated and stuff. I bet you love smooth jazz, eh? hehe

10. Cars Coming Along Kenny!

11. Kenny---Your coupe is very nice. Its nice to see young guys coming into this hobby, as us old guys gradually leave it though attrition.--Brian

12. 60man

60man

Keep up the great work man...Nice detail on brake lines at MC connection..
    I lkie those big old ladder bars with the transverse spring set up,
    Don't see that everyday...
    It's nice to see some young blood building REAL Hot Rods insteads of Honda's or other ricers...;)

13. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Thanks guys it realy means alot to me. I'm learning more and more every day. I just got done fabing up a battery box. here it is. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. chopo

chopo

Welcome from Sunbury Pa

15. 55project

55project
    from Phila. Pa.

Very nice ride..

16. Welcome, great project. P.S., my grandma has all your albums.:D

17. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I picked up my 32 going to start on this one next.

[​IMG]

18. RedHeadSled

RedHeadSled

Kenny welcome from Doylestown,Pa. If you need to learn anything about body work I know this guy who teaches classes at a bensalem H.S. Dave.

19. plumpcars

plumpcars

Kenny....Thanks for the warm welcome and the introduction to your projects! Certainly superb inspiration and lots of history. Look forward to watching progress.....

20. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I just started wiring today 2-21-07. I just baught one of those E-Z WIRE wiring kits and it is awsome. It was 150.00$ from www.speedwaymotors.com and it has every thing I need and more. You could spend that on wire alone if you were to wire it your self. All the wires are labeled. well I have a lot of work to do so I better get down in the garage. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So here is my mess of wire and crap in my way. I somtimes don't know how I work in this mess. Limited time I guess. [​IMG] Had to make a bracket for my break switch. [​IMG] wired the head lamps. [​IMG] mounted my coil and resister. [​IMG] Had to make a box for this power kill switch for my power wire. [​IMG] Going to wire this horn up next. [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  21. HellCat

HellCat

Nice ride I am learning alot keep us posted

22. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Nice rod dude, You are lucky to have a hot rod from back in the day still avalible to ya. Great score on that sheet metal! -NICK-

23. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Thank you every one who replied to this message The journal is what keeps me going. here is some of the latest progress. Had to make this pan to hold my gas tank. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Finished the rad had to clean it out and paint it put it in. [​IMG] Mounted my grill. [​IMG] hooked up this fancy red fuel line from speedwaymotors.com. [​IMG] I soder all my conecters on to my wires and shrink wrap. [​IMG] I took this old latch and mounted it for the rear trunk latch and ran a release cable. [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Oldschoolhotrods

Oldschoolhotrods
    from san diego

25. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I painted some parts and hung them to dry the 32 is a great place to hang stuff [​IMG] I under coated this and painted the other side with a texture [​IMG] I am done this project. now I can move on. It is all mounted and ready to go [​IMG] [​IMG] mounted a larger rim on the back to try to fit some bigger tires looks like the fenders are going to have to go for now. [​IMG] here are the tires I plan to use coker classics [​IMG]

26. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Cool intro. I think this is the first time I've ever seen one with TOO much info!:D Post all the build-up stuff on the main board-you'll get alot more comments and stuff. Most people just glance at the intro section...

27. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Here is the shifter in my model A. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Ok so here are my headers I got about 20 hours into fixing them. why did I fix them instead of buying new ones because I am cheap and old fation and 20 hours is kinda like free to me. so hear they are. [​IMG] this was the nice one [​IMG] braised up some holes and mig some patches [​IMG] [​IMG] cut out the holes and patched it. [​IMG] [​IMG] fit them on the car. [​IMG] took them back off made some ajustments sanded em and painted em with temp paint. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

heres the latest stuff ihave been doing for the past two weeks. I was working on my headers while I was waiting for parts. the fuel system is done. I put an in line street rod filter and shut off valve and never realized how many fittings it take to get it right. [​IMG] I hooked up a throttle linkage using the gas pedal that was in the car just mad some ajustments. [​IMG] hooked up a new throttle cable and made some brackets. [​IMG] wired up the ignition [​IMG] mounted the master cylender for the clutch and ran the line and fittings. [​IMG] made this lever for the rear trunk latch to look like a mini shifter. [​IMG] pulled off the rear fenders to make room for the new tires on the back [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  30. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Welcome! Hope to see you around...