Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kennedy Toolbox drawer slides

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by david38rc, Aug 19, 2015.

1. david38rc

david38rc

I was given this Kennedy toolbox today, great shape except it's missing 6 of the drawer slides. They appear to be the same as ones on an older Craftsman box I have, but I can't seem to track down any. Does anyone have a source for the drawer slides? Also, any idea of the year of this style box. Thanks. 100_0839.JPG 100_0836.JPG

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Nice boxes. I have 2 of the upper boxes my grandfather left me. Mine have leather handles on top lid so I would guess they would be 50's-60's era.

Sorry, can't help you on the slides.

3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Those Kennedy machinist boxes have looked the same forever, they probably still make them identical to that today , got mine in 94 when I started tool and die program

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I bought mine in 65 and it looks the same. And when I started a lot of the old guys had the same thing

5. aircap

aircap

Contact Kennedy - they sell slides.

6. Mine is identical...bought it new in '73.

7. stimpy

stimpy

I inherited mine from my grandfather ( the other one ) , 1950ish when he worked for Allison in Indy , strong built box .

8. david38rc

david38rc

Thanks for all the info. I'm working on a punch and die to use in a shop press. More time than money!!!

9. Ask about it on the garagejournal.com

david38rc likes this.
  10. I have both of those boxes .bought them in 65 when I was working part time after school at a machine shop . Boy it took me all year to pay for them .

david38rc likes this.