Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ken and Frank, a new guy and his 32 Monster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ken The Coug, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Ken The Coug

Ken The Coug

Hello all. I am Ken from Bothell Washington. I am a very raw rookie to the Hotrod/project car scene. I grew up with my Dads 32 Ford 3 window sitting in our barn. He drove it/raced it, in high school in Lewiston Idaho around 1958-1962. It was wrecked, then sorta rebuilt, then used as a shop project by his younger brother until life passed it by. Dad has moved this car from house to house for 55 years. He always put everyone else 1st and despite his best intentions his money and time were always needed elsewhere. Now Dad is 77 and battling his 3rd round with the hated "C" word. I have bugged him on and off for years and last November for my 49th D-Day I received the title. I am a Idiot when it comes to cars, I have basic tools, YouTube , a couple of friends and I hope you guys. I am planning a picture heavy thread to let you guys watch, and maybe chime in on this adventure into your world. The car is a all steel original 1932 Ford 3 window. It has a (blown up) pontiac 287 with the 3 carb set up. Manual 3 speed out of a 35 ford truck (clasher?) and a banjo rear end. This car is a Frankenstein hence the name Frank for it. (Dad hates the name lol.) No wiring, hoses, some glass and a lot of cat pee. My unrealistic goal is to put this on the road in 1 year and hope Dad gets to ride in it Frank 1.jpg Frank 2.jpg Frank 3.jpg Frank 4.jpg

Outback, kidcampbell71, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB! Always nice to see a car that has been in a family for 50+ years, I've got my Dad's Roadster, but it hasn't been on the road since '83. If your goal is to get the Coupe up and running in a year focus on that and let the body and other things go. Look forward to the overhaul. Bob

3. Welcome and keep us posted please.

Stogy likes this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome. I agree. Don’t tear the car apart if you want to see your dad riding in it anytime soon.
    Stick to the basics.
    Electrical, mechanical. Structural integrity and safety.
    We’d love to see you get it on the road for your pop.
    Start a similar post on the main board. Great project you have there.

5. Ken The Coug

Ken The Coug

which area should I start the "Build" post?

Stogy likes this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

On the Hokey Ass Message Board Forum.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy likes this.
  8. Very neat. Welcome and hope to see your vision of getting it done for your dad comes to be.

Stogy likes this.