Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Kelsey Hayes Cadillac Sabres

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trey2618, Aug 7, 2021.

1. trey2618

trey2618
    from Cisco

Bought a set of 57 Cadillac Kelsey Hayes Sabre rims , need to break down old tires , I assume best to remove tires from back or the safest way be after breaking the bead to cut the tire . I know something on here has dealt with this before. Thank you in advance 46863D14-BAA8-4BD2-A484-A0EBCE6F7C39.jpeg

2. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I hope that wheel wasn't holding up a three ton Caddy with the tire flat like that. Those things memory bend (become distorted) pretty easy, that's not steel..
    I had a set of Kelsey Hayes 8 lug drums and rims on a few old big Pontiacs. I dug out a few 8 lug wheels an drums from junk yard cars that had only the one wheel holding it up in the front. I couldn't get that wheel and drum to balance for anything! They were the rare 1960 short fin 8 lugs too..

If your storing a car for a few years, I would remove the aluminum wheels and drums and support the car the way they suggest in the manual.. Pontiacs were easy two jack stands behind the front tires on the frame and two jack stands in front of the rear wheels at the frame..