Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keeping up with Tuck & Clark

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Jul 15, 2006.

1. skipstitch

skipstitch

Well, not really... but I did take a couple days off to hammer on the old coupe. A few dozen 120 grit DA pads bit the dust removing two coats of black rustoleum primer. Up next is floor pans and body mounts..... Plans call for a track nose and about 2 more inches out of the top, followed by a full belly pan.

Not seen in the pic are the 283 and Muncie installed and ready to build around.

Attached Files:

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Thats looking good!!! I dont know about keeping up with Tuck or Clark,those guys are BIONIC:eek: .

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Skip that cars SICK-
    have any pics of what the track nose is gonna look like?

honestly I cant wait to start collecting parts to really build my coupe... and really you guys shouldn't be putting me in the same bracket as Clark haha... he has a bigger lucky horseshoe than me... like way bigger...

Tuck

4. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

cool, man. she looks good all shiny.

5. skipstitch

skipstitch

Nope, no pix of the proposed nose... I'm gonna play it by ear. The only thing for sure, is it's not gonna have an insert (ala Superbell coupe).
    Don't suppose you'd know any artist types who like to give input do ya? :)

Rat...Thanks man... I'm gonna try to build it to fit one 'O yer shift knobs!!!

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

120 hu? And a da sander? I've got the same chore ahead, and I'm not looking forward to it. I was gonna start with 80, but I have some old enamel to knock down.

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I made an attachment to my variable speed buffer that will take DA pads and it works really good to spin off and polish metal... I use 60 grit to pull out old filler and 80 to strip paint.... then run 180 and 320 and it looks like chrome. alot of messing around but it works better than the da on spin as it uses so much air.

8. skipstitch

skipstitch

Guess I had an advantage, because I used a wire wheel on a high speed grinder. Then I followed it with 80 grit on the grinder.... this was all a few years ago...

A move from Georgia to Ohio prompted the coats of rustoleum black.... So bustin' it down with the DA was pretty easy...

9. Kustm52

Kustm52

Looking good.. you can have it done by the drags.... how's the wife doin?

Brian

10. skipstitch

skipstitch

Brian... no chance by the drags!!! But the wife is doing fine....fat and sassy. But don't tell her I said FAT!!! We find out if it's a boy or girl in a week and half... We can't wait!

11. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

the car looks great! a track nose will really look good on it too.

congrats on the kid too

12. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

so what kind of paint follows?

13. Phil1934

Phil1934

I always liked the Superbell nose, but it couldn't cool. I don't know why he didn't cut the bottom out of it. Something you may want to consider.

14. skipstitch

skipstitch

Haven't decided about paint yet... As far as the cooling issue, the car is gonna end up with a really nasty small block, SO, I'm gonna put the radiator in the trunk. Just a louvered deck lid and no floor with a couple of cooling fans.... similar to Littleman's A coupe....That way there are no cooling problems.

15. Skip, looking good! I love your plans for it and will be following the progress. Also congrat's on the new family member.

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

What about a severely cut and section Anglia nose?

That is wicked Skip.:cool:

17. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

wow i love it!

18. Clark

Clark

Stitch...nice!!! Makes me want to start on my 34 now.
    Clark

19. Kustm52

Kustm52