Register now to get rid of these ads!

keep the TORCH burning..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Jan 28, 2004.

1. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

,...the traditional torch,,

WE are the ones who can keep this wildfire burning, weither you live in big city or a shithole town in BFE.

it is up to us,

..that young kid who looks up to you, those kids on the next street. that young guy who doesnt know better,but knows he likes what he sees when he stops by your garage,,

this is it ,....,the ones you make an impact on may be the next Bloyd,Cole or Chip Floose or whatever,,,but who cares as long as youve made an impact on there lives....

the general public is hungry,, feed them with your food

2. I agree with that philosiphy.....whats with the name change?

3. Radshit

Radshit

Is This Germ????????

4. All them dudes you are dicks too, they are the ones that turn to "rice"...

Someone along the way was "cool" to you...

return the favor.

Jay

5. [ QUOTE ]
    Is This Germ????????

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it.
    Not enough CAPITAL LETTERS,no referances to Coke or Hookers,
    no mention of Cole,Harvester of Bondo,or Mike Ness,
    and he didn't say anyone was GAY.

6. BELLM

BELLM

20 some odd years ago I lived in Houston, new family moved in down the street, kinda rough looking, 12 yr old kid roamed streets constantly, saw him pushing bicycle one day with flat tire, called him into my garage, fixed flat, talked, treated him decent, unlike other neighbors. One morning all cars parked on the street had flat tires on street side, knife puncture, except mine and his fathers and cop around the corner, who also treated him decent. Never know when simply being nice will pay off.

7. In the vernacular of my neighborhood, "I'm down wit dat."

Done my best to discourage the kid up the street, so he shows up with a '63 impala (a little dented n rusty) with Daytons. Next thing I know he's borrowing my jack and lug wrench. Swapping the Daytons for Craigers (old ones). Wants to know how to clip the coils, and patch the rust.

Hell I gave him the jack n lug. I guess I ruined another one. [​IMG]

My big question, when we're gone who's gonna do it?

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

NBR, I agree with you, but most kids don't give a flying fuck about our shit. They think our shit's just as stupid as we think theirs.
    There's the occassional kid that gets turned on, but they're far and few between. And when we find them we should beat them to let them know how much we love the. We should toughen their skin by endless humiliation and tell them how hot you think their mom is.
    After they've been tasmed we should coddle them in our bosoms and tell them that they're useless little shits who'll never amount to an ant turd.

Then they should be sent out into the real world with a swift kick up their asses.

9. I think for the most part, every kid loves and old car or hot rod, in one way or another. When I'm cruising with my friends have have older cars, we usually get looks and attention from folks you wouldn't expect to give a rats ass about an old car. I just think folks think it's more work then it's worth to fix one up, and for the most part are kind of spoiled by the use of new cars and all the gimicks they come with. And the fact of the matter is, bolting on a spoiler to your Honda isn't as tough as repairing rust holes in your floorboards. [​IMG]

I may be a numbskull, but I love old cars and wait for the day I can drive mind around again... it means a lot to me to keep that rolling piece of history still on the road. It's infectious though... I think if you're around old cars enough, you want one for yourself. My uncle has had his beautiful '47 Frazer for years... he's the reason he got me to get mine. And with that, my couisin joined interest as well, buying a '50 Plymouth that he drives EVERYDAY on the original drivetrain. His brother is fixing up a '52. And my brother is only 11, but I'm going to make sure to drill it into his head not to be driving a plastic car with a fart pipe, ever.

10. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Quote: "My big question, when we're gone who's gonna do it?"

ME!!!! I've already corrupted 2 teens to the "cool old car" side. My brothers are forever warped, and youngest brother's friends are getting there. I'm working on more. Oughtta see the necks twist when I drive up and pick my youngest brother up from high school. [​IMG]

11. You guy's all make good points. In short, were all Ambasadors of a great lifestyle! Some of you ol timers out there can still remember when you carried club cards and handed them out when you helped "Joe Public" on the side of a road or gave to that young guy that wanted to know where to find you and other like minded rodders in his area so he could come by and hang! The more we show the good side of this passion we call "hot rodding" the future I believe will take care of self! But we have to take advantage of those opportunities when they present themselves every day. Whether they happen at a car show, in a parking lot or even on HAMB, we all share that responsibility to make this passion contiguous!!!

12. ...i feel good that I've personally converted a bunch of friends to older cars, classis and done up rides...ppl who b4 we met had 80's and 90's shitboxes, but after riding or seeing my rides and my friends rides have ended up selling there "relaible" cars (many bought by their parents) and getting into restored and doing up 50's/60's rides...many of them girls. I just love it.

Nothing like knowing the feind who just pulled up in a beautifully restored 60's ride once drove a "more valuable" 90's P.o.s.

Cheers.