Register now to get rid of these ads!

KC Guys-Who owns this truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mootz, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Mootz

Mootz

Saw it at Goodguys KC a couple of weeks ago and was wondering who ownes it? Never got a chance to get over and ask some questions. Is it an S-10 frame or just clipped and a large notch in the rear? Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

Mootz

2. JasonK

JasonK

Wow, that thing is cool as hell! :cool:

3. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

I took pictures of that at the magic dragon show at the Lake of the Ozarks this summer. I agree it's really nice. I like the color.

And it's not all just shiny paint and bling cause the Lake of the Ozarks is 3 hours from KC and I doubt it was trailered.

4. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

thanks, I needed that I have one of these trucks in about a million pieces right now. Set that as my wallpaper for inspiration.

5. i read something about that truck in a mag. the only two things i remember (big help i know) the "patina" is real, they found it in a field. and the truck is built that low. no hydros or bags.

6. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Not to hijack, but when I first saw that pic I thought it was this truck.......twins???

Took at Columbus G Guys......me want.....

Attached Files:

7. Mootz

Mootz

Yer kiddin.

Mootz

8. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

That truck is from the Ft Worth area.

Ask one of the goat suckers about it. They should know the guy.

9. arkracing

arkracing

Classic Trucks of Feb '05 has a small photo of the truck on page 71.
    got a CCT's top 10.

yes that is original patina and that is the ride height...NO BAGS!:eek:

Doesn't say what the chassis is but it belongs (or did @ the last LoneStar Nationals before Feb of '05) to a guy named Mike Lazear

And yes i went back a few months in my CCT's to find it...haha but @ least i knew it was in thier somewhere

10. Mootz

Mootz

I bet changing the rear tire would be a bitch, or maybe I'm missin something. Knowing that this is the ride height makes it even cooler in my book.

PS-How would I know a "goat sucker" if I found one?

Mootz

11. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Saw it in a mag as well, just moved and no idea where it would be.
    DFW area is correct. They found it with that patina. No adjustable ride thats true ride height, they didn't touch on how it was done. IIRC the dude did the whole truck ubber cheap, like he couldn't afford a motor at the time to get it on the road so it was running his buddies motor. I think it got a mexican blanket seat and a couple haybales in the bed for flair.

It was definately one of those trucks I mentally logged as it has "THE LOOK"

12. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Chupacabra

13. orange52

orange52

I read the artictle in Classic Trucks, or ??, about it too. I think it has a camaro subframe. I'll see if I still have the magazine. Being the pack rat that I am, I probably do.

14. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

I think the owner of the truck is Kenny Mutert. I purchased a bagged 62 Bel Air from him about a year ago, and he replaced the bel-air w/ this truck. He is not the builder of the truck. He lives in Moscow Mills, MO, bout an hour outside of st. louis. He had it out at goodguys KC, and I heard that it took one of the pro's pick's awards... lol

Neat truck though. He drives the snot out of it

15. I dig the truck, but what the ehll is that messy stretched white thing in the background:eek:

16. low64

low64
    from Canton, GA

Anyone know what size tires those are? Thanks

17. bigrig

bigrig
    from miami,fl

i have no words....................