Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by james1savage, Mar 27, 2012.

1. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

In their catalog, on the order form they want to add another 15%
    it reads
    "Add 15% postage & handling in 48 States ($8.00 Minimum, $60.00 Maximum)"

Do they still charge that if ordered by phone or web site?

I want to order a brake deluxe kit and its $425.00.,
    if you add 15% it jumps up $62.75 ($60.00 max) to $485.00

That’s a little steep for P&H

I guess they charge you the 15% to cover the 10% coupon on the front
    (coupon starts at 50 off of 500/75 off of 750 100 off of 1000)
    No coupon if below 500

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Cub8556

Cub8556

Used Kanter a few times. Always helpful. Quick shipping and decently priced.

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Bought fog lights and a spotlight off them and I was very happy unlike Chevs of the 40s where I first purchase a spotlight and they sent me a new style model. And Chevs of the 40s customer service telling me it's the right one when it doesn't even match the one pictured in their catalog. That's when I sent the damn thing back and did business with Kanters.

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I called all over for 406 rings; everybody had 428, but top ring is not proper thickness...
    Kanter's counterman located them at his Denver warehouse.
    Next day he called me, apologised as they were going to take an extra day:
    He charged me $89.00 (instead of $110) and sent them free of shipping charges!

Kanter's all right with me...

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Performance Suspension Technology also offers a front-end rebuild kit for your Fairlane. I've had good luck with their front end and brake rebuild kits on a few Galaxies.

http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.57/.f?sc=12

Helpful, relevent info, without posting in red.... right, Bob?? :D;)

Malcolm

6. For whats it's worth I've decent luck with Northerh Auto. Might be worth checking out.

7. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

We WisCONers can be red-necks too youal know;)

8. buckd

buckd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Iv'e bought quite alot of parts from them over the years with great satisfaction:). But you need to know specifically what your working on 'cause thier tech department is virtually non existant.No crossover knowledge:confused:, and with Chevy (for example) there can be 4 different master cylinders in one year group that all appear the same. But the quality is there and every thing is just like NOS or better, BUCKD

9. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I have found their prices to be hign, but I also had one or two bad experiences with their brake parts. The worst example was with rubber hoses for my old Plymouth. The ends were not properly crimped, and after a bit of driving the ends of the rubber hoses were pulling out of the crimped ends. The only thing holding brake pressure was the inner hose. Kanter did not offer to make good on the faulty parts; they permanently lost me as a customer and I do not recommend them at all.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I bought the correct countersunk door hinge bolts with washers for my '46 Olds. Good price and shipping.

11. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

If price is an issue.kanter is high.they got good stuff but if you shop at a good parts store if you can find an independent the quality will be the same and you will same some $.but yes they have been in business a long time.they have everything for packards but....they are good to deal with..

12. Bought a complete engine overhaul kit from them for my flathead Ford six about ten years ago. All old stock American made parts still in original boxes. No import crap.

13. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Bought a bunch of steering components (rebuild kit) from them and everything was great except the rubber on the seals of the control arm bushings. They split and cracked within a year.

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I've used them, been happy. No problems, would certainly use them again.

15. I've ordered plenty of stuff over the years. I never had any problems with them and the quality of the car parts are in my opinion, tops! Some prices are high, while others are lower than elsewhere. They also have a great customer service!
    I once stopped by at Kanter on the way to a car show to pick up some parts a while back, and Mr. Kanter took us on a personal tour of their warehouse! Wow! You should get a load of what's hidden inside the Kanter warehouse! A gold mine of VERY LOW mileage vintage cars (mostly Packards, but some rare Cadillacs,Buicks, and a few experimental cars). Mind you, this was in the early '90s. So I do not know if the cars are still there. But I would bet they still are.

16. seems to me, there prices are a little high, but the one thing that turned me off with Kanter was when I ordered front springs for my 37 Cadillac. They said it would take 6 to 7 weeks, they took my Visa number and charged my card. I have no problem paying up front for a special order item, so this was OK. After counting down the weeks, and gave them one extra week, I called them. Was told to call back the next day. Called back, put on hold .... long story short, I was told that they could not supply the springs.

17. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

spmetimes a bit pricey, but never had a bad experience.

18. finishline

finishline

call them for a break master cyl for a rambler, took all the info and said he would call me back still years later no call back.

19. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

I have bought from them...no complaints at all.