Register now to get rid of these ads!

kanter front end kits?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoguy, Sep 9, 2003.

1. repoguy

repoguy

Anyone have anything good, bad or otherwise to say about kanter's stuff?

Never bought anything from them & their kit seems really cheap, and that kind of worries me.

The front end is out in the Riv & I'm considering my options. Anyone?

2. lownslow

lownslow

i would find somewhere else to buy the stuff . kanter used to be really good . service ,quality of their parts etc. , and if you had a problem they fixed it ......not anymore ..in the last year i have nothing but problems with them from really slow shipping to the wrong parts to poor quality brake parts ..and all this was on a single order...never again....and they are really expensive ..... i think you get my feelings on them.......

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Have used them for a trans mount on a 63 Grand Prix and was satisfied.

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

i ordeed the front end kit for my 48 from them. AFTER i placed the order they said it would 2-3 weeks... i got it 3 days later. the quality LOOKS ok to me, but i haven't installed it yet.

5. roaddevil

roaddevil

Both of the 50 buicks at the house have kanters kits in the nose and i had no problems with them...

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

I ordered a full front end kit for my 62 Impala Wagon a few years back, I was satisfied with the price, products, and the quickness. I guess it all depends on the type of vehicle your dealing with.

7. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

well, if kanter's is questionable, who else is there that would have a full front end rebuild for a 50 pontiac? chevy stuff might work, but impala bob's was a freakin dick to me and a few other people on here, and i don't even know if they carry chevy stuff that early.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I have used Kanter's in every car I, and my brother have built...the quality is excellent, fit is excellent and they last forever!!! Don't be concerned about their inexpensiveness...they ARE the BEST!!!
    R-

9. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i have bought stuff from them many times and had great luck so far. the last kit i ordered from them was for a 1965 caddy and it worked great with no problems at all.

10. plan9

plan9

iam still waiting on my brake parts, i ordered this crap 1.5 weeks ago and told the dumbass to 2nd day air the stuff so i could slap em on this weekend.... might wait another day to see if the stuff comes in...

this old timer i know said he ordered brake parts for his ride, and the stuff didnt fit so he had to modify things...

kanters = GAY

11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ´ve ordered some front end kits and I was very pleased by the quality and quick shipping( about 10days for overseas!).
    @ chromed rat: Try www.harmons.com or email [email protected]
    He´s a very nice guy to talk with and gets you almost anything. If you write an email you can be 100% sure he´ll answer. I´ve already made some different expierence with other dealers. Doug´s a cool guy

12. lownslow

lownslow

like i said they used to be great......and i used to use em all the time but last time i ordered from them everything was either nearly 2 weeks later than they told me it would be and kept telling me they had sent it ''when they hadnt'' or was the wong part.....or the last draw was the brake drums that were complete crap.....but they did used to be a great source....but this was my experience and i am glad other people got good service........and as far as them being the best??????? i dont know when i did my buick i found a guy who had genuine gm parts nos in the box ....cant get better than that........but all that said as with any place whether its a shop or a supplier such as kanter you are gonna hear good and bad .....so.........

oh yeah and flat top i will mail you magazine tomorrow....2 day....to ya........

13. Edselow

Edselow
    from TN

Before you order Chevy parts to put on your Pontiac, check to be sure they're the same (Hollander Interchange Manual). The Kanter kit prices are different for Pontiac and Chevy, which leads me to think they have different components.

14. plan9

plan9

lownnslow...wheres this place you are ordering from now? is it close than asscrack jersey?

15. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Try Bill at JUST SUSPENDSON I had real good luck with him. 1 800 872 1548

16. Not sure. But mines a pint. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]