Register now to get rid of these ads!

K/KB International Headlight Bezels, 47-54 Chevy Bezels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick's Speed Shop, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Slick's Speed Shop

Slick's Speed Shop

Has anyone used 47-54 Chevy truck headlight bezels on a 41-49 International K/KB truck? They had the same size headlights and look the same in pictures. I just don't have any in hand to compare to my fenders. I would like to avoid jumping in the trenches of an ebay bidding war. Would be nice if I could buy reproductions or polish or paint some I got at the junkyard or swap meet.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. jazz1

jazz1

the only headlight bezels that fit K KB's properly are the original IHC's..There are some on fleabay right now,,not mine..

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might be worth it to hunt down a crusty one to see if the idea will work before spending real money.

If you are going for a frenched light a simpler mild steel headlight ring welded on might fit in with the rounded fenders better though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Similar to what a lot of the 49/50 Merc guys do when they weld the stock headlight rings on to french the lights.

4. Slick's Speed Shop

Slick's Speed Shop

For as much cutting and welding I'm having to do to fix these fenders, I might be tempted to french the headlights. I prefer to leave this truck looking as stock as I can and am currently watching the ebay auction. I just don't see these show up often and am afraid they will be bid up real high. Jazz1, have you looked into this before? I saw you have worked on several of these trucks.

5. silversink

silversink

I have the Chev. buckets and all on my 48 kb1---they work great

6. jazz1

jazz1

GM and ford trim rings just don't fit right,, the inner part of ring does not follow the contour of the fender. One of my trucks came with ford trim rings on it,,,was not till I got it home that I noticed the poor fit...as far as light buckets i'm sure you could use any make. I too thought I could just buy a shiny new set of ford trim rings for cheap but not so..

7. Slick's Speed Shop

Slick's Speed Shop

Thanks for the infomation.