Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just thoguth i would introduce my self

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by asher, Oct 13, 2003.

1. asher

asher

Hey names Asher i have ben building cars for years and my buddy told me about this site. So here I am here. I am bad at intors I am sure you can tell

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ok Asher, can you post a picture (s) of your rides and or dreams?

3. Noname38

Noname38

Nice intro. Now tell them about that brand new PT cruiser you bought. Bro I forgot to tell you it's best to post pics while doin an intro.

4. Where are you from, what are you driving, what can we buy from you REALLY cheap.

5. Welcome man Im very new here. You lucked out cause you got some coachin before you posted [​IMG] Good luck, God knows I need it. Id like to see your ride! All these 30's rods are killin me! (wife will kill me when she finds out I NEED one for myself!)

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

nice intor thogoth

welcome Asher,

I think..

Paul

7. asher

asher

Okay sorry i didnt know what to say. I live in Costa Mesa, CA i have a 1951 Buick Special 2 door. here is a pic of my ride [​IMG]

8. BELLM

BELLM

Screw introductions! Thats a nice ride! I like the color, too. Welcome to the HAMB! What kinda engine does it have? First one I ever helped work on (12 yrs old, 43 yrs ago) was Buick straight eight. [​IMG]

9. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey names Asher i have ben building cars for years and my buddy told me about this site. So here I am here. I am bad at intors I am sure you can tell

[/ QUOTE ]

You done good son.......the photo clinched it! Welcome....

10. asher

asher

Well it does have the straight eight in it. I am going to pull it and put in a 350 chevy. So if any one wants to buy a buick straight eight that has been rebuilt and pratcicly has no miles on it message me

11. nailhead_sled

nailhead_sled

Don't do it....
    You are ditching the straight eight, ok I can deal with that. But why destroy your Buick with a crappy Chebby motor.
    There ARE OTHER MOTORS besides the sbc.
    Don't be a wanker...

12. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't be a wanker...

[/ QUOTE ]

you throwing in a 350 because it bolts right in?

if you want to work a little, consider throwing a late model cad motor inside... 472-500 ci., yrs 68-76... keep it classy. granted, parts arent as cheap as a SBC, but they arent much more than perf parts for a BBC either. a couple hundred bucks more for strip applications, a stock cad rebuild is about the same as a slightly hopped up SBC rebuild.

there is a fellow on the HAMB who was selling a 500 motor/trans combo in san luis obispo, if interested i can pass along the necessary info.

13. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Thats a nice ride, but why not consider maybe a Buick nailhead or a 455? Take the high road and do something original. It may take alittle bit of extra work, but it is worth it in the end when you can pop the hood for people and really show em' something different. Inovate don't imitate.

14. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

I mean think about how much better you would feel about yourself and your car if you could pop the hood and wow em' with a nailhead runnin' six 2s! [​IMG]
    Better than the same old chevy 350 evrybody and their mother is runnin'

15. Welcome, but I gotta say if your car has the same basic frame and running gear as a 1950 Buick you are opening up a Big Ass can of worms putting a SBC in it. My buddy is doing this now on his 50 and it is a MAJOR reengineering project, just ask GLEN as he did a kick ass job on a late 40s Buick but you really have to chenge everything under the car as the closed driveline rear end set up is a bitch and about the only reason I can see to ditch a good running straight 8 is due to the crap dynaslush tranny. have fun clearing the steering box with a SBC, keep us posted!

16. Donzie

Donzie

Welcome Asher. Nice ride.....ok, now everyone...PHOTOSHOP!!!

17. Donzie

Donzie

ok, I'm first.
    C'mon Hatch, Mai-ki-ki, here's some new meat.

Attached Files:

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Donzie, don't sick the hounds on him yet, you'll scare him away.

Frank

19. asher

asher

Thats funny you choped and frenched my car. That is actly a old pic of my car. i ahve scinced shaved it. Now the reason I am dichting the straight 8 is because its a bitch to find parts for and if you do they cost more then god. I would love to find a nail head or anything else mentioned but that stuff is really expensive and I am trying to work on a buget. The sbc is cheap to matian I can get parts for it any where and there power to it. I cant run my dynaflow trany much longer becasue the main seal is leaking and the rebuild kit for it is about 200 so if I am going to spend that much i would rather get a 350 turbo trany for that price. I want power performance and a easy to fix motor and i am sure every one here can agre that the sbc is all that. I was thinking of putting in a ford motor but its a gm car and i am going to stick with a gm motor. I am however going to paint my sbc the origanl color that the straight 8 was in 51. I know I ahve a chalange ahead of me but I know I can pull it off and I have some good friends to help me along the way plus I got all you here to ask questions. So now you know why I am diching my straight 8 if any one wants to buy it its been rebuild make me a good offer and its yours. You can put it in a t-bucket or somthing hahaha