Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Just scored me a 64 catalina!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARLOS8A, Oct 16, 2011.

1. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

so I have been searching on the hamb for ideas and not allot of ppl are going the route that i am with this car

2. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

someone here photo chop my car and altho its not the best I am not likin the radirs look maybe supremes?

photo chop poncho.jpg

3. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

ok so according to the block number of c576446 and then under that there is a x4 the engine is a 1973 400cu!!

4. inkstain27

inkstain27

Nice poncho!

Just picked me up a 63 grand prix a few months ago and planned on going the similar direction with mine.

I went with chrome smoothies for the wheels

got it in the air right now for a 2" drop

used a serape blanket to dress up the package tray and door panels a little (carpet on the door panels were gone when i got it)

and just yesterday I replaced the old worn wood on the instrument panel with a white pearl guitar pick guard material.

Attached Files:

5. Love it... now if it only had the 8 lug mags...!

6. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

small update, got the wheels and tires here today and now just waiting on tune up parts and other minor parts

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

7. Nice! What size tires and Supremes? Where did you get them from? I'm looking to order a set for mine (after I replace the rear clip since it was rear ended...lol)

8. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

The tires are 205/70/15 and the rims are 15x6..... I got them off ebay 495 shipped, in the description they say that they have minor blemishes and honestly they look brand new. I was looking inside the wheel and it says made in USA! I cant wait to put them on!

9. Sweet! They will look very sharp. Too bad I just sent stuff off for my Merc to be chromed....coulda spent the $ on wheels for the Pontiac. :)

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's a super nice pink pearl body/purple candy flake roof one in the Chicago area. Just gorgeous. Similar to your plan, but still very different.

11. For some great paint ideas on your Catalina, check out the Larry Watson thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573932&highlight=larry+watson

Larry did some Pontiacs in the mid-60s that have paintjobs exactly in the same theme that you're considering.

If it were me, I'd go a little against the grain and go with satin spoke original Torq-Thrusts and redline tires. Put it on a good rake, and either cobweb or lace the top. Kind of a 1966 look.....

12. jazz1

jazz1

I have always liked the 64 Catalina,,came across a 63 this winter,,related to the owner I had seen a 64 bonneville with a factory header dump lever beside the shifter..He told me that option was also available on the Catalina,,,I thought it was just such a cool option,,again,,NICE CAR

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's the only pic I could find, and it really doesn't do the paint justice. There is a white early 60s Caddy with a blue flaked roof around. I think it is/was owned by Dustin aka VonDust from Indy. That might give you some idea of how your paint scheme might look

Attached Files:

14. flathead okie

flathead okie

I had a Black 64 Catalina 2 door hardtop, 389 tri power with 3 spd stick in '75. Blew the trans and had to use chevy gears to replace the busted ones because I couldn't find another Pontiac 3spd. 1st and only time I ever rebuilt a std trans.
    Wish I still had it. Found one about a month ago for 13,000. but I had just bought my 31.

15. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Yes I have seen this car, he is in los boulevardos I am excited to start working on my car, as soon as i do will post pics of the progress. The roof is gonna be done nice!

16. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

well i got her on the road this is what she looks like a small update! 64 3.jpg

17. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

64 Catalina was the first car I ever drove, well kind of. I was about 10 and my mom let me drive up and back down the driveway ( driveway was about 50' long ). One day I'm out there driving and being cool. I drive up the drive way and thought I had it in reverse so I could back down again...... Well I still had it in drive, I go down on the gas pretty hard and next thing this cool cat knows is he just drove through the breezeway and knocked it clear off the house. Fuck, my mom still talks about that. JC

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

super clean. bellflowers, thin whites, and steelie/ bullet cap for me. oh and lowered, but that goes without saying

19. I miss mine! My 2+2 was stolen and never recovered : (
    But Im partial to chrome reverse wheels with a thin ww tires, mine was a former S/S car out of Texas, running under the TAYLOR PONTIAC banner, 4speed, 389, the guy I bought it from removed the tripower, and 670 heads, but left the 5:57 gears....swapped them out just before it disappeared.....

20. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Here is a pic of my car from a photo shoot that I did for this magazine! never did get the issue but my car was also on high performance magazine enjoy!
    64 photo shoot.JPG

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Nice Catalina. I love those cars.

22. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Thanks! Ill post more pics later when I am at home!

23. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Does this mean you get to go to the Catalina Wine Mixer? :]

24. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

hahaha for some reason everytime ppl see my car they call it the catalina wine mixer!hmmmmm it should be her offical name!

25. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

26. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan