Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just ordered Tex Smith How to Chop Top Book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tnrotter, Feb 13, 2011.

1. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

After multiple recommendations from Hambers for first time choppers to get this book, I finally ordered it. Been wanting to do a chop for years and am now going to undertake this with my brother on his '54 Ford F100. Was amazed at the price range of this book on Amazon and Ebay, from $20-$80. I got mine on the low end. Looking forward to reading this resource.

2. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

I have that book it,s a really a good book lots of info and pics

3. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

I have this book also and helped ALOT when chopping the top on my 53 chevy 210. It's a great book and worth it's weight in gold if you are chopping your first or 100th car.

4. Before you cut into steel pick up a Monogram 1/24 scale F100 (Its a 55 but the roof is the same) and practice on that so you get the look you want.
    Its not as stupid as it seems and it eliminates a lot of potential for messing up, something thats easy to do on your first chop.
    Cheers and good luck,

Doc.

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Good book...my 55 Olds is in it! When it was in black primer...has a 57 Olds rear window and 55 Potiac side trim.

6. 53-55 f -100's are real strange chops. you want to use your eyes more than a tape measure (same on all chops really) the door glass tends to be taller in the front. also you don't want to lean the A-pillars back. the windshield will not fit