Register now to get rid of these ads!

just meet gean windfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasjockey101, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I spent 5 full days with him. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. One of the nicest guys of all time and definately the hardest working man on the planet and he's like 84!!!! He never gets tired!! I watched him pull an all nighter spraying BC Johnnys car in Richmond BC. He started painting at 12:45 PM and finished at around 4:00 AM. Then he had to drive an hour to where he was staying and got 1 hours sleep before getting up to be a Celebrity guest at the Langley car show. It was in the 90s all day and he never sat!!!! Then after the car show he went back to Top Ten Customs open house and danced the night away.
    Be forwarned, tons of cool pictures. These are probably the best documented pictures of Genes workshop with him actually painting his candy colors!!
    Here's the link!!!!!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398041&showall=1

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Greezeball

Greezeball

^^ yep the ladies love him. He never stops. I want to know what he eats. Man I'm 40, quit smokin' 6 months ago gained 25 lbs and feel like a bag of shit! Just gotta work harder I guess. Man is incredible.

3. Here is one of gene in indy last year posing with 2 lady friends and the whole time he was working it. And he danced every nite and was out selling everything all day in the heat. All he drinks is snapple tea and water no alcohol and no smoking. Amazing

Attached Files:

4. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

we the red necks scroungers meet him at his shop a great guy and well liked down under in oz

5. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Gene is a really nice guy
    I've known him since the 60s

Attached Files:

6. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Had the honour of meeting him last year whilst he was out here painting the WILDCAD..
    heres Gene, myself and luke out the front of a stripclub on a tuesday (?) night :D
    I love this photo.
    [​IMG]

7. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I met him for the 1st time 4 years ago at Autorama, finally got a picture with him in 2010, and this year I got him to sign my wagon, he's a hero of mine for sure!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Someone asked what Gene eats; it's more like what he DOESN'T eat.

He has never drank or smoked, does not drink anything with caffine, does not eat fried foods. He eats very little red meat, but eats a lot of salads (without dressing) and fruit.

Mr. Winfield will be 84 this June and is one of the hardest working men I have ever met. He still puts in 18 hour days at the shop. We can all learn a lot from Gene!

9. And lots of milk!

10. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Don't forget what he eat's!!

11. Lots of iron, lead, paint fumes, grinding dust, etc!!! Actually, I guess thats what he breaths! LOL!!
    I think Genetics and his great attitude have alot to do with how healthy he is. I wish I had his hard working genes but then I'd be tied for being the hardest working man in the world and I don't want to take that from an old man!!!! LOL!!! I hope he doesnt read that last part as he'd be liable to kick the crap out of me!! LOL!! Gene is the man!!

12. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Hey Slim (post # 8) that shop looks familiar ! ! Doesn't look like Gene will be doing the
    seminar at the shop this year (so far) !!

Gene is an icon of our Hobby. They don't get any better. 83 and still poundin' on Metal.

Take care,
    VR&C.

P.S. I still think that we should chop that Subaru Wagon 4". !! !! !!

13. daddylama

daddylama

i was probably about 5 feet away when this pic was shot... the man interacted with her pretty well :)

comes across a a genuine salt of the earth kinda guy. i've 'met' him at plenty of shows over the years. always a pleasure to talk to, never seems to be in a rush... just a super nice guy.

14. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I race out at El Mirage with him but he's always busy out there. Finally met him at the 09 GNRS and he talked with us like we'd been friends for years. He is the real deal and one hell of a guy! heres me and a couple faces you may recognize?
    [​IMG]

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great shot :D

16. sobpunx

sobpunx

I met him at the portland roadster show, my buddy was talking to him at his booth and he just looked over at me and put his hand out to shake mine, I caught me off guard that he was so down to earth and nice I felt like a little kid that just saw some big hollywood actor.

17. bjaman

bjaman
    from winnipeg

I seen him at Winnipeg World of wheels this past year as well.

18. essexrat

essexrat

I met him as well last weekend at the WOW in Winnipeg...Great guy, he remembered exactly how he customized a 55 Olds Hardtop back in the late 50's...he remembered what parts he used and everything...a buddy of mine was asking for some tips on his 55. I had a pic taken with him "chopping" my 52 Poncho with a hacksaw...I'll post it when I get it....Will cherish that photo and his autograph for ever....wish I had a sliver of the talent that he has...Cool ol cat.

19. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

just meet gean windfield.

EPIC FAIL!