Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just had a new sway bar made for the Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by time-bomb john, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Found this guy in North Carolina that can make any sway bar for any car. I sent him my old one and he made a new one that fits perfect. I told him to keep the old one in case anyone needs one for a 55-56 Mercury.
    Thanks to Dan at Carolina Sawy Bar Mfg.
    TBJ

Attached Files:

2. It's actually Carolina Sway Bar Mfg. in North Carolina. I went with a 1-1/8th" bar as opposed to the original 5/8ths factory bar. I had one in my last Merc and the handing is like night and day with the beefier bar.
    TBJ

3. How much did it cost?

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's awesome. Makes a big difference. I'd be interested to know (ballpark) how much a custom bar is as well.

5. It is best to call him at 828-733-0808 his name is Dan. I would like him to become an Alliance vendor here on the HAMB. Just mention that you heard about him on the HAMB.
    TbJ

6. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

Nice work, now that you added front roll rate, get him to fix you up in the rear and off to the skid pad!!!

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Do you know what material was used ? Was it heat treated, when ?
    Some are better thAn others.
    Just curious.

Mike