Register now to get rid of these ads!

just got my alliance tag...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Feb 17, 2008.

1. thanks ryan, I can't begin to tell you what the hamb has meant to me...for 7 years I've been coming here to learn, to share, and meet others who want to do the same...this board has brought me more than I ever would have expected when I logged in so many years ago and sat and talked shit with you, jason, mcphail maquee and cole...somehow ended up a fng(still haven't figured that out)...my steering wheel ended up in your 38, and now the alliance membership...pales in comparison to what I have gotten from this place you have provided....I'll see you at the round-up

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yea, there's just something about gettin that little piece of metal in the mail that makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy insinde....

3. Harris

Harris

I'll second that, I think my alliance may have actually been the first thing I bought "for my project" - just made me feel like I was giving something back to this place....

Shit, I need to renew.

4. makes ya feel like your part of the "in "crowd

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No shit? I bought the '55 wheel from you? I hardly remember that... COOL. And thanks for the support.

6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    My 2007 tag is mounted on the rear license plate on my '46. As soon as I get my 2008 tag (just sent in my renewal) it'll go on the firewall of my '39 coupe.
    Those Alliance tags reflect the specialness of the HAMB.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

Hey, you also get Ryan's autograph.

8. eightbanger

eightbanger

Mine should be in the mail any day now! Same here,..I have cruised this website for years before finally becoming a member. This website got me connected to the roundup, which got me connected to Thomas and Tim at Bodylines inc., who got me connected to Ben D, who have all contributed to what is going to be the baddest 65 Riv at the Roundup 08!!! Look for the HAMB tag on the firewall. Gotta tell you,...I owe a lot to this website! Becoming an alliance member was only natural!

9. Don't want to steal your thread, but I just got my alliance tag today. This is my 2nd year, and as Ryan can attest, my checkered past (;)) in the HAMB hasn't stopped him from being a stand-up kind of guy. I especially like the Thank You card that was in with my tag. I almost like that more than my tag. Almost.:D

Thanks, Ryan.
    Joe

10. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

i couldnt have said it better myself

11. swimeasy

swimeasy

It's time for me to renew also.This place simply ROCKS! It has become my car club out here in West Texas, I now feel conected!

12. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

~ Of course the TAG is Cool..But the Note from Ryan "Es Muy Bueno' "
    Used My H.A.M.B Alliance today and saved considerable jing from Coker!
    Ryan, if your out-there, I'd like a tag about the size of a silver dollar to mount to the garnish mounding in the front window lower passenger side to be exact. Maybe some day. Don't get me wrong the Biggin's are cool.. OH, maybe just a small water transfer + the full size Tag.

13. Tore

Tore

I got mine now and it is stamped 2007 ? Is that right ?

14. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

What color is it?
    My last one was red and My new one is Black

15. x2 07 was red. 08 is bad-a$$ black!

16. Tore

Tore

It`s red......now I got two red ones....

17. solo_909

solo_909

Shit with so many members why doesnt H.A.M.B put together their own car huge shows? Imagine the brother hood there = ) Man that would be an awesome site to see only hambers cars and to be able to put faces to all the names on here that would be cool

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Got my Tag today and you guys are right........COOL! The personally signed card says alot (good) about Ryan. Now I have to finish my HA/GR so I have a place to "Hang It"

19. My tag is mounted one of my tool boxes. It's my only tag... I feel guilty for not contributing due to a rough couple of years, but now that things are better I think it's time to give back again :)

20. mudbone

mudbone

just got my tag a few weeks ago , havent` bought any parts , but i`d estamate that i`ve saved the 50.00 in parts that i havent` destroyed because i had no one to ask questions and took it upon myself to learn the hard way,anyway so far its been a blast ,will be visiting mr walker at hhh )which i didn`t know was only about 50 miles from me) in a couple of weeks to check out the discounts ,lol

21. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

for some reason i feel the same way, i cant explane it it just does

22. The_Monster

The_Monster

I got my first one in 07 and had posted a thread simular to this one saying thank you.
    Once again, the note from Ryan means so much. I dont know if you realize this Ryan, but it really makes a guy feel like an accepted friend at one of the coolest places.
    And you just dont get that personal touch a lot these days.

Its just a few lines... but its speaks volumes.

Thanks again for all of this Ryan!

23. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Just got mine yesterday...It is awsome! Thanks so much to everyone...My new car and Tag all in the same week.

24. 4speedman

4speedman

Hey guys, hate to ask stupid questions but i just can't escape the curse...how does that work, the tagging i mean, i have been a member for a few years and still am FNG, race, show and help all those I can give my years of experience can wuz up? Again pardon my ignorance

25. why not just spend the dough on an alliance membership and the FNG-friendly nice guy tag dissapears then order some stuff your gonna buy anyway and the membership pays for itself..

26. 4speedman

4speedman

So it's a money thing, i'm down...wasn't sure how it worked...

27. I mailed my cheque to-day also.
    HemiDeuce.

28. My 2006 tag (the f1rst) is on my Deuce's firewall. The 2007 one is on my 57 Wagon's dash.

The 2008 one just turned up - shit, Im runnin outta rides to put em on haha

Nice work Ryan.

Rat