Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just got a 54 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmyv, Apr 23, 2008.

1. jimmyv

jimmyv

Just got home with a 54 Mainline. Got it from a guy who had it for 4 years. Said it was running and driving when they got it. Started taking it apart to restore then had a kid, lost interest, etc. The normal project car you find. Has some rust issues on front floors, rockers, and lower quarters. Came with 2 Y blocks and a auto tranny. They said the 1 with the tranny was in the car running and the other came out of a 59 truck. Both turn over fine. It even had 2 aluminum slot mags in the trunk. I am already working on a 77 Trans Am, 31 coupe, 51 Merc, 62 Corvair van, 71 Chevy fleetside, and have a 53 Chevy PU, 51 Ford PU, and 48 Ford PU waiting so don't know what I am going to do with the Ford yet if I didn't already have so many projects I'd keep it. I'll probably flip it on eBay and keep the engines.

Attached Files:

2. desertdroog

desertdroog

Your story is very similar to mine. 54 was running and driving, some guy had it, took it apart, horse traded and then my friends and I put it together.

At least your deal had a drivetrain in the deal.

From this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

And I still have stuff to do.