Register now to get rid of these ads!

just finished 29 roadster pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Just finished a all steel 29 roadster pickup back like it was when we found it , just updated. 327, dual four carb thunmper camshaft good rods pistons crank, fuelee heads, 4 speed 9 inch 3.89 posi rear all socal front ed chrome and pete n jake rear stuff. all henry steel very little body work no rust and back red new vinyle interior runs like stink and drives great. new owner picked it up today.

Attached Files:

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

dean lowe inspired by the way , what ya think dean.

3. Gator

Gator

Don't know what Dean thinks but I dig it.

4. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Perfect, I love it. Dean Lowe was the first thing I thought when I looked at the pics.

5. Midget25

Midget25

6. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yup, same here. Nice job!

Kinky6 :cool:

7. Nice looking truck with a lot of details,,reminiscent of Dean Lowes old pickup but whats the deal with the rear bumper and no front?

Was the roll bar the customers idea? HRP

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Lose the roll bar and the front '32 bumper on the back, and it looks cool.

9. Very nice..lovin' the full fenders.

10. That is so sweet I could eat it like cake.:D Nailed it.
    All it really needs is me in the drivers seat...

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

quite the insperation,lookin good

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

That's awesome!

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

owner did not want one. And. Roll bar is like the Lowe bar it is chase car for the texoma flyer lsr car for 2013

14. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Your Roadster Pickup reminded me of Deans Hot Rod as soon as I saw it . Looks great. To bad there will never be another Candy Persimmon paint job like that was on Deans Roadster Pickup. I stopped by Jr. Conways yesterday to show him what I thought was my interpretation of Deans persimmon. Remember, the last time I saw that Roadster I was 12-13, and 63 now. Jr. said it wasn't red enough. But he also said the material today prevent that color from being duplicated. After painting John Mazmanians Vette and Deans Roadster, Jr. said he would never do it again, just to much work. What a gracious man he is. Like I told Jr. "If I had know you were still alive I would have consulted with you on the color. I know I will never see that color again, just no words to discribe it. Sorry to go sideways here but does Mazmanian Vette still exist??

15. tjmercury

tjmercury

I bet it runs as good as it looks!!!

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

this thing is indeed a handful with the 4 speed and 9 inch 3.89 posi hang on..........

17. OK,that makes a lot of sense. HRP

18. river1

river1

Nice chit as usual Sam

Later jim

19. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

That Corvette was restored several years ago and ended up the Whitworth collection in Winnemucca. It was sold off at the RM "Icons of speed and Style" auction in '09 at the Peterson in LA. It went for $247,500. Full article about the restoration in TRJ soon after it was completed.

I like this RPU a lot. I've been a big fan and admirer of Dean's car since seeing on the HRM cover as a kid. Except for the rear bumper yours looks great.

Thanks for posting the pics.

20. A very nice tribute. Thanks for the kind words. Take off the bumper and drive the snot out of it just like I did in the 60's. I sure would be curious to know what kind of 1/4 mile times that car would run. The motor, trans and rear gear is very close to what I started with. Before Isky and Hilborn were involved, I ran 12.30 at 110.

Wish I would have known you were painting your El Camino Mark. I could have hooked you up with Junior before you started. Your truck looks beautiful. You done good.

21. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Thanks Dean, but like I told Jr. I figured he had to be a hundred if still alive and that's why I didn't even think of asking you or him about it, just went by my memory. We know how that is nowadays. But at first glance of this roadster pickup it throws me back a few years, I think of your old Hot Rod. Sorry about going sideways again like I always seem to do, If you are at the Twi Light cruise I will show you the picture I got of Jr. standing next to the El Co.

22. Mark, if you can make it, come over to the museum tomorrow afternoon for the LIONS reunion. I'll be there for awhile. They seem to think my old scrapbook is worth looking at. :confused:

23. jratz1966

jratz1966

24. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

inclined to agree - the bumper seems rather discordant, but you have nailed the look. As to the rollbar - it just reinforces the "all business" look.

I don't know Dean, but his car was the inspiration for a couple of hot rods I built over the years