Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Just did a front end alignment on my shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frosty-49, May 9, 2015.

1. frosty-49

frosty-49

Just finished the front end alignment on my 49 shoe box. It is lowered with lowering coils in front and blocks in the rear with JAMCO sway bars front and rear. Had negitive camber when I first put it together, so I milled 2 slots in the frame and slid the controls arms out. Presto positive camber, but negative caster. Steered like a roasted marshmellow, but you get used to these things. JAMCO came out with a GM style upper bracket using shims. Really simple,I just didn't think of it. Well I am now sitting at +1.5 caster on the right,+1.15 on the left, +.5 camber on the right and left,toe set at .15 total and centered. Handles like a car should. I can blast into turns without fear of under or over steer. Just a hint when you use this. Load up with shims on the front and rear, they are easier to take out then put in.

2. I thought you sold this car.

3. frosty-49

frosty-49

I have had car for 28 years. NFS I think it will be my Grandsons

Paul B likes this.
  4. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Having the same camber problems, adjusted out to the limits. Stears fine but getting uneven tire ware. Would like more info on the Jamco bracket. Don't get on the H A M B on a regular basis, so would appreciate an e mail. My e mail is [email protected]. Thanks, Rick