Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just curios if any of those Old Navy trucks ever got built??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Nov 28, 2010.

1. dannyego

dannyego

I was just wondering if any of those Old Navy trucks got built. I know the market was flooded with them when they gave them away, and everyone in there mother was trying to sell them. If you dont know what I am talking about, they were the old blue trucks they had on display that they decided to stop using and gave them away to anyone that would get them out of their store.

2. They gave them away? Damn, I would've gladly taken one. I haven't seen any for sale. I'll have to check into that.....Maybe I can get in on one of the green Windstream trucks.

3. dannyego

dannyego

yeah, it was a few years ago. For a while they were all over craigslist and ebay. Most of them were going for around $1,000. They all seemed pretty sculpted together. Some were worse than others with stuff like grilles being held in with wire.

4. i talked to a guy a couple of monthes ago at a show who said we was building one. i don't remember the details though.

5. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

there was some 32 roadster hotrod mockups without motors in this nascar store at the gurnee mills mall that was wanting to sell them for 1500....... too bad i was like 16 and only had a few hundred dollars at the time..... no idea what happened to them, crushed?

6. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

A guy in town bought three of them. Not much there even the frame was cut up. He striped one for parts. sold the 5 window to a farm stand for as road side display. the other still sits in his yard. From what I saw the hood was tack welded to the fenders. The x member was cut out, plastic rear fenders. Chrome over steel on the grill and bumper no copper, You could see that by looking at the pealing chrome. Better then nothing but not much.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wasn't aware that they got rid of them.Back in '95 or so when they were just starting the chain, I sold them one via one of their buyers. Got about 1800.00 for a truck I had 150.00 into - big money for one at the time!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone started one on the Chevy trucks board http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=305920 I don't know how far he got with it though. Most of them were/are probably candidates for frame swaps. The one in the store here locally wasn't too bad looking until you got up close and then it would have been a challenge to make a truck out of.

9. Both of the ones around here were pretty bad...looked cool in the stores, but they were hardly parts trucks...definitely store "props"

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

About two years ago I saw a dude in Montana who was selling them on Ebay. In the background you could see rows of the trucks, guy had like 100 of um.

11. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

i called the one here in town when i first heard they were getting rid of them and they manager said the PAID to have theirs taken away.

i dont care how shitty they were i would of took one for free

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

Whoever got the contract to supply all those trucks had to have made a killing,all just shells ,wired together with anything laying around,one guy at the swapmeet had one with a $3000 sign on it He took it home with him.Another place down here using the same thing for advertizment is CODY"S ROADHOUSE,its a steskhouse but there trucks are alittle more complete.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

The Codys here in Brandon closed up shop but the truck was a rusted hunk of crap. It had holes in the roof and someone hung a plant in a hanger through the holes. That plant got plenty of water when it rained.:D

14. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Say what!? I had NO freakin clue about that. I was just thinking a few weeks ago about what happened to those trucks.

im sad now...

15. Old Navy SOLD those trucks, they were not given away. These trucks all had nice, new chrome bumpers and grilles, and a few exterior items to make them nice for the store displays. None had engines or transmissions. Some were pretty decent builders, but a lot of them were doctored up just enough to meet the needs of the corporation. I do know of one in OK that is getting put on a S10 chassis.

This is very similar to what Bass Pro Shops did with the trucks each have in their stores.

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I got one for free. Came out of the Belle Isle store in Oklahoma City. Sold it to a fellow here in town, parts were used. Had a repopped grille, chrome bumpers, and all new glass and rubber. The rest was ROUGH under the pop riveted patches and bondo. Definitely store props but the new dress up items made them worth getting.

17. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I was gonna start this very thread at about 8am this morning.
    Theres one in Keokuk that got chopped and turned out nice on an s10 frame. Bagged and what not . He kept it the Old Nave Blue .

18. Wow. Everything I'd heard was that they'd sold the trucks. Shit, you can't beat free!

19. dannyego

dannyego

Yeah, I heard about it a day too late. I called around and every one around me had been picked up a day or two earlier.

20. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Patrick, I heard about the Belle Isle store truck from my wife who worked for ON at the time. They had changed the front and it wouldn't fit thru the doors. They said if I could get it out without disassebling the doors I could have it. Two buddies, a sawzall and cutoff wheel on a 4" grinder got it out in about an hour. LOL

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Local fella had 5 for sale. Bout $1000 a pop. I know they all sold and i know one that got built into a nice truck.

22. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before and after. Not my rig, guy near Louisville had or has it. Guessing from the cab to bed gap it's on an S-10 frame.

Found the pics on 67-72chevytrucks.com

23. ...friend of mine got one from a guy in Iowa; the nicest, solidest Ad I've seen.

24. Stock Frame.

25. lorodz

lorodz

there was a guy here on long island named frank he had about 25 of them from here in n,y he had everyone of them numberd with a price from 1500 and up the body were super clean and all the chrome were redone i guess for store purpose only thing was the chassies were cut in half so they could move them in and out of the stores i was gonna buy one but he wanted way to much for the one i wanted so i passed the deal up he may even still have some left ...