Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just couldn't leave it alone!Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpkiwi, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Tommy R

Tommy R

I think your wife is right. :)

2. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

thats one cool car......you could bring it over for Beach Hop next year...:D

3. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get all your ducks in a row, nice build by the way.

Scotty

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Like the movie title, "As Good As It Gets".

5. It looks VERY cool!

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't express how happy I am to see someone get the fuel block off the firewall. Every time I see that it bugs the shit outta me.

7. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I agree with all you are doing. These things are made to be driven! I always take my '40 out even in the rain. People are always saying, "Why would you be out in that today?" I keep on telling them, it's just water.
    Living where I do, we occasionaly get some wicked snow falls but mostly ice/snow combos. I normally take the day off and listen to the amatuers wrap their vehicles into poles. I did take the Coupe out on a Sunday morning to get breakfast. 2" on the ground, very quiet and a light snowfall. It was really kool!

Having lived in NorCal, and especially in Truckee, make sure radiator is good and have anti freeze, a heater / defroster would help, gas & brake lines don't freeze up, exhaust outlets are above the snow line, scrub line has no precarious parts hanging down. A wire, linkage part, etc. can easily hit an ice chunk and ruin your day.

Have fun and send some photos!

8. Can't leave well enough alone,,sounds normal to me.

The sedan turned out great,please don't chop it! HRP

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Much improved. Looks great. I could never be happy with something I didn't build regardless of how cool it was. yep be different no chop.

10. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Definitely thought about it,but after talking with the guys that bought theres over this year I am not so sure.

11. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Nice job on the build.

12. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Thanks for all the feedback,and I am happy it is at least driveable.After taking 7 years on my last build this one I wanted to be driveable while being a work in progress.
    Still have a lot to do and with my intentions of driving it winter and summer have a few challenges in front of me.
    Plan on running differant wheels for the winter,probably with studded snows.

Figure out heat and defrost system
    Hood and engine side skirts
    Some form of clip on fenders,probably front and rear.Definitely front as it can be challenging with snow and sand spray.
    Have already installed a good set of wipers,but now I am also thinking that I will need some sort of windshield spray system.
    And the list goes on.