Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Just can't seem to keep an RPU in the stable

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Aug 20, 2019.

1. TERPU

TERPU

Well as the count goes RPU 4 TERPU 0. But I will say I finished and drove the last one to LARS so I'm not feeling too bad. Besides as the disease goes I'm 90% on my way to another one but more on that later.

But now for the real story.

I have a reputation in some parts as a Horse trader who never keeps anything. While this is not true ( I do have several cars that I've had for a while and a few more I will never sell. Family stuff that money can't touch). Having said this A - I've never been really affected by what folks think and B - My high energy level and lack of focus have provided for some pretty fun times and cool cars to play with.

So a couple weekends ago my beautiful bride and partner in crime drove to BEAUTIFUL Beaumont Ca with RPU#4 in tow to meet halfway for a potential trade. Cabinet for an Orchard Box if you would.

We showed up Friday afternoon and it was over 100' does it really matter how much? After 90 it's just Hot. But anyways there as we pulled into the meeting spot was a '29 Woodie just like promised. Some may have seen it for sale on here. I give you Exhibit A -
    Woody.jpeg
    Whelp, as trades go I was getting excited. How many times have I pulled up only to see a pile of complete shit that's not at all what was represented as. Larry is a stand up guy and when he saw the RPU I believe was just as stoked as I was getting. Now don't get me wrong this RPU was a shitload of fun checked all the boxes for an early V8 Hot Rod and would've been a keeper, but good heavens a Woodie? As a Surfer you need a Woodie at least once in your life. I quit going to all the Woodie events because I felt like a Poser and a Hodad without a proper cabinet for transportation. So a Woodie? Hell yes I'm in. 20190809_155822.jpg

I give you Exhibit B -
    0.jpg

So needless to say after some paperwork and some chit chat, Larry went East and I went West. Both happy with the deal.

IMG_20190817_172449_536.jpg
    IMG_73191.jpg
    So this weekend I spent some time making it mine. You see I'm not a whitewall guy so that was the first thing to go. Just happened to have a set of real Chrome reverse wheels for the rear, and as luck would have it Ojai Rick had some fronts and cut them loose. Ricky Racer delivered them, we put skins on them and Viola we got proper 60's stance going. Thanks Ricky Racer and Ojai Rick you guys rule and understand the sickness better than any others.

And you know a Hot Rod just isn't a Hot Rod without Vents, so I fired up my louver machine and got to it. No need to strip the paint yet as there's plenty of time for that when it gets the Andalucite treatment.

IMG_20190817_120934_661.jpg
    So for now I'm Happy as a Pig in, well you get the idea. Larry seems a stoked as I am and has a great RPU for the Desert runs!

Hey anybody have rear quarters and a back panel for my RPU project? A farmers gotta have an Orchard truck you know.....................................................................................................

All the best - Tim

2. Wow both are bitchin'!

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

A+++++ on both .:)

4. alchemy

alchemy

Those wheels and tires gave it a 180 degree turnaround. Approve!

Blue One likes this.