Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Just California Hot Rods 1960-1970?? Let's see pics...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Great thread.I was #3 of the founding members of the early Times.A few of the first 10 are still around.

2. I love this thread. The '60s were THE TIME to be in the car scene in So Cal. It hasn't been matched since, and never will be again.

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Very interesting read . I too , like Mazooma 1 grew up in the San Gabriel Valley in the 50's and 60's ( El Monte and Temple City ) and remember doing most everything that he wrote about . One of his friends , Gary Lorenzini and I have known one another since grammer school . I remember him building his roadster in his garage during high school . Lots of great memories and photos .

4. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Small world! I grew up in San Gabriel/Temple City as well. Graduated from TCHS in '63. Never knew Loenzini, but hung out a lot with his buddy Bob Hines. Remember riding my bike out to Irwindale to watch the drags, and the karts run at the Go Kart Raceway on Irwindale Blvd. We'd also hang around Gene Scott's place on Garvey until he chased us off.50th high school reunion this year! Seems like yesterday

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

THIS Bob Hines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

6. The stories and pics in this thread....amazing. Thanks Doug!

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

This Gary Lorenzini???

[​IMG]

8. Reading this thread ... damn good stuff! I guess we just didn't know what we had at the time. Although I admit San Diego was a bit more mellow than LA in those days ... but it was just plain bitchen!

9. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

That's him! Last I heard, he was in Texas?

10. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

thanks for the pictures, grew up by frenso, anytime we went to grandma's i was always looking for 'rods on the hwy.(99/10etc.)

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow, I know this post is almost three years old, but I do know this car was kicking around Scottsdale in the early eighties. It came into the radiator shop where I was working in '82 or '83 and I ended up building a new radiator for it 'cause the shop's owner didn't want to touch it! Loved that thing!

Oh, and if those were then current photos, it looked exactly like that back then too, Tru-Spokes and all.

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

That would be the one !! That car was/is pretty bitchin ! Is that the street in front of his home ?

13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

That hat and shirt sure doesn't say Texas .

14. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Yeah , did all that also except my dad would drop me off at Irwindale , then I'd call for a pickup when they were finished . I remember Bob Hines from my model car contest days . His were always well done . He's also the one that told me about the SignArts class at PCC . Does that mean that I can blame him for my misspent career ? HAHAHA.

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Yes, Bob has lived in north Texas for a long time.
    That photo was taken in Arcadia at "Rods Coffee Shop" a little over a year ago.

16. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Not trying to bring up old threads, but this one is cool as hell!!