Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just another 53 Chevy build....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnyknuckles79, Dec 30, 2016.

1. johnnyknuckles79

johnnyknuckles79

Just scored this ultra clean and unmolested 53! A total time capsule! New year, new project. Going to keep it mainly original, but definitely going to get her down to ground and bagged, do a little rechroming, clean up/restore the interior, give it the little TLC it needs and DRIVE IT! Stay tuned for build pics and updates!
    53.1.JPG 53.3.JPG 53.2.JPG

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Don't bag it, just lower it the old fashioned way, cut coils and lowering blocks. Like you said, it's a time capsule!

3. Toqwik

Toqwik

I'm buying a 53 and plan to do it the old way (cheap). Cut the coils and add blocks so when you are done with it someone else can return it to stock if they so desire.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

johnnyknuckles79 likes this.
  4. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Great Find! You're a Lucky Guy.
    I'm working on a '49 I picked up this Summer.

johnnyknuckles79 likes this.

5. johnnyknuckles79

johnnyknuckles79

I have been working on a chassis I picked up for her and have been stockpiling parts to go the bagged route....but in the meantime...she's been dropped the old fashioned way and I re did the interior a while back. It's been a BLAST to cruise!

53.jpg 53.2.jpg 53.3.jpg 53.4.jpg

Dyno Dave likes this.