Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Just an olfart havin' fun at 9500

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MeanGene427, Sep 9, 2021.

1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

2. dwollam

dwollam

COOL!

Dave

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  3. He's not old....just vintage !

fauj, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Ray is The Man- builds his own engines with his own secrets, trannys, everything, and runs the hardest for a class legal car. He also designed the Dove PIE (Paquet Intake & Exhaust) High Riser heads with raised ports on both sides- I have two sets, and they are saweeet! His brother is Jim Paquet who used to have JPT, race transmissions- happily retired to Florida now

5. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

That is awesome. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

I love it! Thanks for sharing

loudbang likes this.
  7. Slight derail from another thread.

Quote from MeanGene in a different thread: "BTW, I went to Mosport in '67 for the Can-Am/ Trans-Am races, then to Montreal for the World's Fair. Watkins Glen was my home track growing up, it and Mosport are the two most beautiful courses in NA".

I haven't yet been to "the Glen" but it is on my list. Really wanting to get to the vintage races there. I have been to Napa though (several years ago). Stayed in San Fran for a bit, rented a car and headed south down the coast to Monterey (the aquarium was awesome). Headed to Sausalito (REALLY nice there), I think we stayed in San Rafael for a couple of nights, then on up to Napa and Sonoma. Went to Alcatraz (Jeff Gordon was there filming a clip for the news regarding the upcoming event in Sonoma). The ONLY thing I didn't like about the entire trip was the Mount Tam Pale Ale we had in Sonoma ... tasted like tree bark :(
    Truly a great part of your country.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    loudbang and dana barlow like this.
  8. The year after I bought my '63 427 they came out with these things and I figured every Ford dealer would have a few. Went into a large Ford dealership and asked if they had any Thunderbolts on the lot and the salesman says "what the heck is a Thunderbolt?" That's when I realized that every dude in town wasn't going to get one.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Thanks for sharing! Loved the sounds of that FE!

loudbang likes this.
  10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I was very lucky with the Glen, I started going to the USRRC race with my dad in 65, it used to be the same weekend school got out. My uncle was head of PR for Pleasant Valley Winery, which included the Great Western champagne that was used in the Winner's Circle- so I could go with him, help with getting their VIPs drunk n fed, then got turned lose with pit n paddock passes, seat on top of the pits, even the Onyx Club- only place I couldn't go was in the tower. At 14, unc says be back by 5:30 when we load up lol. I saw this Lola T70, with Mark Donahue driving, burn to the ground in '66- the saw it a Sears Point a few years ago, and it is exactly restored- I have a slide that I took of it driving thru the infield before it burned 0531151000a.jpg
    This is my admission tag from '65

65 Glen.jpg

loudbang likes this.