Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a youngin' learning Tradition

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by HookNBoogie, Jun 23, 2022.

1. HookNBoogie

HookNBoogie

Hey there guys and gals! My name is Andrew. This is my very first post! I have been on the HAMB for a few years now, just to buy parts from fellow members. Figured it was time to reach out and say "Howdy!"

I am just a kid, 25 years old. My daily driver is my dads old 1970 Chevy K10. My senior year of High School, I bought a basket case of a project from my now best friend. That project was a 1939 Ford truck, like a 1-1 1/2ton. Came with a 48-53 Ford p/u frame, '58 9in, and a 62 Econoline drop axle for the front. We shortened the frame up about 8in in the middle, and took some off the back to accomodate a 50's dodge bed. I wanted a flathead for it, my buddy told me to do a SBC since it was more fitted for my high schoolers budget. Years have gone by, still have it, still not done. I have an 11:1 solid cammed 283 for it that I have done all the machine work to while i was an engine machinist. A BW T10 is adapted to it, shooting for a 60's period correct gasser, named "Hook N Boogie." It's going to be a while before its done.

My current project that should be done within a year or two, is a 1929 Model A p/u, bought from the same friend as my 39. I have been after this for 7 years! The frame is stepped up in the rear about 5 inches, has a p/u banjo rearend, 4in drop axle with a super slide front spring, square back spindles, set up for a SBC and auto. I have a healthy fresh 350 for it, rebuilding a TH400 for it. Just finished up a traditional F1 (Not F100) front brake swap thanks to many threads on here and a fellow member for parts. Eventually, when I can afford it, It will have a stroked out flathead with a T5, and hopefully a Mike Moore Quickchange rear end.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

simplestone likes this.
  2. Andrew, welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.
    Nice projects. Keep up the good work.

HookNBoogie likes this.
  3. HookNBoogie

HookNBoogie

Thank you!