Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard Tales Got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Jan 23, 2013.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Try to make it short.Down in the Mountains of Tenn,next to Rocky top actually,found the mother load.Finally got to the top in this yard straight up the mountain and came up on the true meaning of JUNK YARD DOG not 1 not 2 but 5 nasty pitt bulls.Old guy owned the place said boys get out my boys wont get you longst I am here.So we did they warmed up to us a bit so we started browsing around.Mind we was looking at all the stuff watching for copper heads and diamond backs in the process.The old man said he had a Bluetick coon hound the was missing.After a couple hours heard a ruck ess we went to look and the Pitt Bulls Had killed the bluetick and fighting over the carcuss needless to say it was time to go.Did come away with some chevelle parts:Dit was worth it:D

2. raidmagic

raidmagic

Local place here that used to specialize in old cars a buddy of mine and I used to go just to look around. I had dealt with the guy and he was pretty cool so he'd let us just walk around and look knowing we were just dreaming not spending. Anyway we were petty heavy on a 63 Impala he had and it had our attention until we heard a noise and freaked out. We ended up jumping on the Chevy and across two other cars to get away from a goose. Yes we were laughing and yes we were expecting to get a bunch of crap from the owner and his mechanic until the mechanic pulled up his pant leg to show us the nastiest bruise you've ever seen on his thigh. It was from that goose, it clamped down on him and messed him up. The owner just smiled and said "I guess you've met my yard guard."

3. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

RaidMagic LOL with the size snakes I been seein on the internet yall have down there Id be on tops of them cars too!!!

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I walked into an after hours drug deal going on in a junkyard in the middle of nowhere. The owner of the yard was screaming at me to get the f@$k out of his yard (I was there to check out a 65 Barracuda that I talked to him about earlier in the day) he was leaning into the trunk of junk car with a couple of homeboys next to him which they immediately slammed shut when they saw me, ironically they were shut down a few months later for selling drugs and all the cars in the yard including the Barracuda were crushed.

5. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I can't forget the time I saw three Buddhist monks pulling parts in the local Ecology, orange robes/togas and mud boots.

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would a story about getting some tail in a junkyard count as a junkyard tale?

7. demonsix

demonsix

Pics or it didn't happen.

8. Back in 98 during the birth of the internet I hit the junkyard with a buddy looking for a pair of SBC heads with big valves. Plan was to pull a valve cover to bounce the casting number off a list from the interweb. 3 or 4 trucks in we find a good number and commence to spend the next two hours pulling the heads. Valves were smaller than desired (bad info on the net!?) But the yard thanked us for the free labor!

9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

A friend of mine went into a wrecking yard for some parts back in the 70's, while waiting for assistance, the guy running the counter was on the loudspeaker, calling for one of the employees, who was out pulling parts in the yard. After a while, the counter man and my friend went out in the yard, and found the guy on his back under a car removing a part. The guy couldn't hear the PA system, because he had the back of his head in a mud puddle up past his ears, when he crawled out you could see the mud line on his face. Now that is a dedicated employee!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

2xxxx lmao:d:d:d

11. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Sorry, no phone camera back then. I do have some of a Honda with extensive body mods done with expanding foam and bondo. Have to use your imagination with that one too. Way off topic and offensive to the eyes for me to post here lol.

12. devilleish

devilleish

Got chased onto a Corvan by a young bull. Had to sit there for about half hour before he finally got bored and wandered off. Other than that not much except almost parking my butt on a ground hornet nest pulling the grille badge off of a '41 Dodge business coupe (same yard).

13. Closing time at my uncles wrecking yard, starting to get dark. Unc says- go tell those two guys out back that we're closing. Got out back in time to hear " hurry up and throw it over the fence before the wrecking yard dude gets here" " Uh, the wrecking yard dude IS here".
    Asshole thieves..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Went to a junkyard for a front axle...Truck was off the path in the vines and trees run up on some boulders all most off the edge of the mountain, woulda been piece of cake to get the axle out.....No snakes, no dogs, bears or deer...Freakin Wasps and Hornets were big enough to air lift the axle down the mountain..

15. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Many years ago I went to a local &#8220;recycling&#8221; yard to search out a Corvette that was supposedly stashed in the back of the yard. The yard boss said I couldn&#8217;t go in but I snuck around him and headed in anyway. I got almost to the back forty when I heard a chain rattling and I stopped dead in my tracks. That&#8217;s when a HUGE mean looking dog came out of his hiding place in an old wreck, towing a very long chain behind him. I turned tail and ran like the wind but I could hear him right behind me with the chain along for the ride. I looked back just in time to see his jaws open up just behind my leg and then &#8220;YELP&#8221; &#8211; he hit the end of the chain. Thanking God for good steel chain, I kept running and didn&#8217;t go back. No Corvette was worth feeding that monster. I never did find out if the story about the Corvette was true but if it was, I was glad to let someone else have it.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

16. lawman

lawman

Great stories Guy's !!!

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

A buddy and I were on our way down to the Swap meet at Charlotte, But on the way down we had a good lead on a Junk Yard that had "a ton of old cars",.. Way off the beaten trail we finally find this place,.... we go in and ask the old guy about where the old cars are,.... He points out the back door and said "Well boys, the taller them trees get the older the cars are".

Herb and I start out the back door , were about 500 feet from the back of the building when the old man comes running out.... "Hey Boys !,... I seen the Michigan plates on your truck !,.... You boys is Yankees ain't ya ?".... I look at herb and say Yeah I guess we are...... So the old man yells "Well boys if a car starts hissing or rattling at ya',.... It ain't suppose to !"

18. want some junkyard tails just visit starks wrecking outside of germantown ohio im positive you'll come back with your own

that place is CREEPY watch out for the guard cows and the watch bull ran into him once hes a big SOB if you need old odd trim and things its the place to look,

sheetmetal .....fahgettabotit rusty swiss cheese 99.99 out ofa 100 times

19. Muttley

Muttley

That reminds me of the three Amish dudes I saw walking around the Turlock swap meet a few years back.

20. Deuces

Deuces

You've been watching too many Foghorn Leghorn cartoonies....:rolleyes::D

21. There was a truck/car junkyard in Brooklyn I went to years ago... no dogs. They had of all things Guinea Hens guarding the place. Like a chicken, only smaller and scrawnier.

They were almost totally black from living in the yard... and mean. All you had to do was make a wrong turn and run into 6 of them. The owner would come over, cast some feed right onto the greasy ground to get them to settle down so we could walk past.

Bob

22. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Yep been there You got that right,have to browes wit the cows LOL:D

23. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

This same yard in TENN he had laid out car hoods on the ground and was covered in muck and pine needles couldnt see em while you were walking and if you werent careful Zap you would be on your A-- .He said that was his Burgular Alarm step on a hood and down came the pack of pitt bulls.Id say it worked REAL GOOD:D

24. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

lemme guess the dogs name was corvette :lol:

back when I was bout 17 I hit up the local junk yard spot. there were 2 or three yards together in between a huge salt pile and the river. great place for em right?? well anyway, I get permission to browse the first yard I come to and don't find anything. in the back I see a bunch of old big trucks on the other side of a stone wall. figure there might be some cool stuff in them so I go take a look. little did I know I crossed into a new yard! now, I'm not hiding or doing anything suspicious I'm walking down the main isle when out comes this little italian woman swearing me out for coming in her yard! She was good at it too! Now she's getting close and I get this shit eating grin on my face. she's already madder than a wet hen and when she sees me smiling she REALLY flips a gasket. finally after she runs out of the LOOONG list of swears to call me she finally stops and asks WTH I'm smiling about. So I said "Hi Tish nice to see you too!" Her eyes got huge and she says "Nobody calls me Tish, Who the F*** are you!" turns out she was a distant cousin I hadn't seen in years. her husband had owned a big truck repair/wrecking yard a couple towns over and when he passed she closed the shop and moved the yard. was a great story at family parties for years!

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was at the local yard here in town looking for some OT RX7 parts had been drinking some beer and stoped for a piss and I was standing on some plywood that was laying on some car stuff and as I was looking around I notice some broken fiberglass and some aluminum suspension parts around the plywood. So I picked up the plywood and under it was a crushed ZR1 corvette complete engine ,tranny everything. Now the intake looked like a jigsaw puzzle so I though what the hell and pissed down the intake. Now when I see one at a show or someone brings one up I just say ah hell it aint shit I pissed down the intake of one of those.
    Now I found out the car was used for a FBI car theft sting and the car was gave to the FBI buy chevrolet and had to be crushed after the sting. We found number in chalk on the frame from a date before the car were avalable I beleve it was a mule car. Kinda funny I pissed on it.

26. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

We went into an old junkyard down around Cartersville GA. There were cars in there totally covered in kudzu so they looked like car shaped topiary. My wife asks the guy if there are any snakes in the yard. He said I sure hope so I bring in black snames when I find them to keep the poisonous snakes away. That was the end of my wife walking around with me.

There was another one down there that had a mudhole with hogs in it nearly as big as the cars.

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was it the Amish Mafia:D

28. TurboX2

TurboX2

As a kid I knew the junk yard owners of several yards around our town. Two of them were brothers and thay had a yard full of good cars that were in fixable shape. And as family goes they would have it out with each other and finely split up the bussiness. Eddie one of the bro. had a 57 Nomad that I wanted to buy but I was only 13 years old so I kept an eye on the car for a few months and showed up one day to find the car on it's side with the frame gone! I was a mad kid about it and he knew I was. So I went to his brothers yard and talked to him about the deal and he took his yard loader (after hours) and went to the brothers yard and pulled three clean 55 two door post cars to his yard. Gave me one and said the others were parts when I needed them. I still deal with him today.

29. big M

big M

About 12 years ago I bought a car in central Wyoming, and took a different route back. About 80 miles into my travel, I spotted a wrecking yard that had berry vines growing over a number of the old cars. There must have been an underground spring, as this was arid desert.

I spotted a '57 Country sedan wagon that had power steering, and the owner of the yard priced it at $50 for the entire set-up. I began to remove it when clouds moved in, and the temperature began to drop. Rain started to fall, so I hurriedly began to beat the steering knuckles to release the tie rod ends on the steering linkage. Of course doing this with the intent of being quick also led to inaccurate hammer blows, and I managed to smack my thumb, splitting it open at the fingernail.

Blood began spurting, and I couldn't find anything to wrap around my thumb, and hadn't noticed that the folks that worked there had all disappeared. I ran out to my truck and found a dirty sock and wrapped my thumb tight. Then I noticed a funnel cloud coming down from the clouds maybe a mile away, and a loud roaring noise as well. It looked like it was headed towards me, so I grabbed my tools and steering parts, and jammed a fifty dollar bill into the jamb of the now locked office door, and ran out to my pickup. I high tailed it south on the highway, and did not see if the tornado continued following me, although it looked to be heading due east.

Strangely enough there was no report of a tornado touchdown on the weather report on the radio, although it was a very remote area.

---John

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have kind of a really weird one that might be a little unsettling to some of you guys if you want to hear about it....... I don't usually tell too many people about it cause it creeps them out a bit.