Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard closing in Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by draggin breath, May 10, 2010.

1. draggin breath

draggin breath

Last week someone posted about the yard crushing out in Kansas,has anyone BOUGHT a vehicle? On the ATHS site someone tried to buy the big IHC truck pictured on here and she wanted $5k! was this an isolated incident or are they going to get crushed? I'd like to go buy a few,but at 3-4 times scrap price,not B-J prices. The 3-4 times would price them 1500 to 2500,fair to both.

2. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

is thisz the number of the junkyard your talking about 1-620-856-3368.thanks

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  3. Went to see Debbie and look at what was there for sale yesterday. The cars and parts in Clays shop at this moment are not for sale, but most cars and parts outside the shop are. Walked the yard for a couple hours and there is still quite a bit of 40 ford hulks and parts, not to mention lots of misc. rear ends, trans and lone parts, not to mention other years and makes up into the 80's. Debbie is battling with prices right now, but is trying to figure out fair prices but still respect Clays wishes, plus the boys want to keep some of their dads stuff. I am going back next weekend to take some pics and will post them on this thread. ALSO! the info in the artical inregard to Debbie having breast cancer is wrong, the reporter got a story that Debbie told him mixed up with Clays mothers fight with cancer. Debbie is kicking around the idea of crushing, but only because the tax man is knocking at her door. I will try and keep you informed as I get more info and picks.

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

So, it really isn't the emergency "save these cars, they're going quick" that the article made it sound like....The cars are there because the prices were to high to begin with. $5k for the binder is INSANE!

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Barrett Jackson is like a tall cool glass of Hemlock with a twist of lime.
    Or a sprinkle of lime.

6. To be honest, when I was there yesterday some of the prices I was quoted were pretty high, only left with a couple things. I do think that they will realize that the prices they are asking are to high, I hope so anyway or they are in for a long haul, that more then likely will end overnight. Hopefully I can have better news for everyone after I go back this weekend.