Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junk yards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whinel, Sep 15, 2011.

1. whinel

whinel

I just was curious to see how many junk yards were still around. I live in New York and it seems most have closed in my area. I can remember going with my Dad and seeing all kinds of classic cars.

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

They're crushing them out everywhere in Arkansas.

3. one of the shining reasons for staying where i am at.. there's 2 yards that have mostly classic iron and they get enough new crap to be turned into chinese made washing machines. and a fellow hamber is going to move all his pontiac stuff up here too.. :D and all these guys know what these cars are worth, so no crusher :D

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Very few classics here, but we got 75-100 in my area.

5. and it goes to show my guy knows whats up, hes crushed a bunch of newer stuff and is rearranging to classics :D

6. Watch the you-pick yards, they still get oldies. I saved about $800 cutting sheetmetal out of a much less rusty than normal Chevy the last couple weeks to fix my own.

7. I just spent a few hours looking around in a local one... Twentynine Palms. I was surprised to see a few old Dodges and DeSoto's in the mix.

Unfortunately they had two cars that I was looking for parts from, one was too new and the other had too many parts missing.

8. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

You just need to know where to look, all the popular yards around here have the new crap but I know of a couple up north that have a bunch of old cars in the mix.