Register now to get rid of these ads!

JUNK YARD of all JUNK YARDS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MedicCustoms, Apr 27, 2009.

1. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

How many of you have heard of a junk yard called OLD CAR CITY it's here in White Ga. theirs a web site www.oldcarcity.com they have about any part you can think of. Now I've bought parts their and cars. It's been call the largest old car junk yard in the world. Take a look and let me know what you think. I hope this helps you guys that need some parts. Thanks Tim

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i don't see how they could keep that a secret all this time.

3. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

I'll stick with Bob Owens in Wellington, TX.

4. williebill

williebill

I bought some stuff from them back in the 80s...having not heard anything about them lately,I assumed they weren't there anymore...The ATL guys should know all about it

5. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

what a cool site. Thanks.

6. wow! now if only I can talk the wife into a "weekend near Atlanta".

7. MR.59

MR.59
    from calif.

i forgot about them, i guy sold me a few `59 ragtops from them about 15 years ago,,,man some of them cars are spelled Ruff (with a CAPITOL "R") i cut acouple up they were THAT BAD

8. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Stopped by there a couple times. High prices for crusty junk.

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

go to google earth, type in Brownville, NY then go to the satellite view, find game farm road or county rte 53 and go northwest of the village, look on the northside of the road about 2 klicks out of the village. Unfortunatly the old fellow who operated it is ill and it is no longer operating. Hear the crusher was coming. everythig in there was mid 30's to 72.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  10. Turners Auto Wrecking in Fresno is the best I've been to. Its organized and you can look up parts right off the website. 7 Acres full of cars 20's-70's

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cool yard but looks a bit pricey for what I saw. Kind of rough. I would still like to walk it and look around though.

12. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

Looks like a great yard to visit and walk around...but I couldn't afford anything there. They are asking top dollar for rusted wrecks.

13. I dunno ....... his prices don't look too bad .. maybe some .. but not all of them .. depends on what one wants I suppose and how bad one wants it ..

14. Been by there once.Cars have set out so long they are pretty rusty under the pine trees.I don't think it is the largest either.But its an interesting place.A lot of old muscle car hulks.

15. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

That's Eric Farr's yard. Been there since 1948 or '49. I've been going there since the early '70's and he has got stuff you can't believe. However, remember that we are talking northern NY here and that area gets a lot of really foul weather. But, he does have lots of stuff from the late '40's right up through the '60's. He does have some stuff back into the tirties, but as I said it will be NY rusty and rough!

I just talked to a friend last weekend who was just there and he confirms what you said. Eric has been very sick and it looks like there are no more walk-throughs to see what's there. If the crusher shows up it will be a huge loss of vintage tin.

I've got a ton of photos I've taken and will try to post them later.

16. jay64

jay64

I feel like it's time for a road trip. Very cool site.

17. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

That is freakin awesome i only wish i lived closer!

18. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Sometimes Turner can be a bit difficult to deal with, but I agree, man does he have some great stuff tucked away there.

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Hay guys I'm going out their in a day or so I'll take some pics of the stuff that you don't see on the web and post them.

20. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

That place is HUGE!!

21. James427

James427
    BANNED

Most of that stuff has been there sitting for 20 plus years. And it's still sitting there because his prices keep going up and up. If you see something there and he wants $500 and it seems like too much, but after a year or two you get to thinking about it and go back, now the price is $1,000. He just keeps pricing everythging out of the reach of reason. THAT'S why that stuff is still there. I quit going.

22. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I've never seen a Thunderbird nesting in its native habitat before...now that's rare.

Attached Files:

23. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

looks expensive honestly

24. Those prices are insane. Seriously. Some of that stuff looks like it was used as boat anchors in salt water.

25. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

johns auto salvage in cabool mo. is 10 times better!

26. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Thanks for sharing the Info.. and photos..

27. kjlockhart

kjlockhart
    from Illinois

Johns in Cabool is unbelievable. Type Johns Auto Salvage Cabool, MO into mapquest and view the satellite. WOW! We went there last year and I can almost guarantee he will have your part. To give you an idea, he has a 1969 GTO Judge, 2 65 GTO's, 12 '57 Chevy's, a 69 Camaro, a 70 Buick GS, a 1960 Buick invicta wagon (only a few made). The list goes on and on and on. I bet he had 10 Pontiac 455's in the yard. If you like hubcaps, he has them. His prices are very reasonable ($100 for a rust free door for my dads 1970 GTO). Schollemiers near Columbia, MO is great as well.

28. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I think its Awesome that there are a few places like this still in existence!

29. IRTengines

IRTengines

I know this is an old topic but I really feel the need to let you guys know that Eric Farr and Sons junk yard in Brownville NY is still open during late spring, summer and early fall. The rumors of a crusher are completely false. I can guarentee that this is not heresay, I am Eric's grandson and my uncles are still running the place. Feel free to call if you are going to be in the area (315) 782-1176.:)

30. And what about all the stories that the yard is difficult to get into?