Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junk yard/barn/field pic thread?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfnutcase, Dec 21, 2008.

1. PDQ VW

PDQ VW
    from Canada

^^^
    Finally a bug!!!!
    hahaha

2. redsean

redsean

there is a guy out east of Denver me and a buddy found 2 years ago. (rocky mountain classic???) something like that. he has a few rigs at his house but mostly parts(like an acre of parts) but he keeps the vast majority of cars at his sons proptry. they built a burm all the way around the cars so you (and the wind) cant see them from the road. the is old hot rods to cars with wood wheels on the still and its all for sale and not stuiped priced. you coloado boy should try to look him up. sorry no pic we went to buy a truck and did not know we were going to heaven.

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Notice one is a 49-51 Ford woody, and It looks to me like the other is a 47-48 Chevy woody!!! :)
    It always breaks my heart to see woodies in this sort of condition.....

4. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

yes one "was" a ford woodie of that vintage....i think the chevy was an aerosedan, i found other pieces nearby but im not 100% sure as they were REALLY wasted

5. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Hey Freezeplug, where in CT is all that junk? I'm not too far from you.

6. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

most of it got scrapped :(

that 46-48 pontiac was in simsbury....i was going to go take what i could, as well as that truck bed for my project, and some wire wheels. they were at a condemned/abandoned property and one day everything was gone...scrapper must have came, sadlt. beetles are in canton, and that 49 chevy is in colchester. the other cars i posted are in old saybrook, and i know of some more in niantic.

theres a whole shit ton of stuff if you talk to the older guys, ive been able to take a look around where people have pointed me to and find lots of stuff...though its almost never salvageable

7. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

8. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Thanks Freezeplug, I wonder where the junkyard is that AngryFrenchman found. Not sure if he's gonna share.:(

9. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

yes that yard looks amazing!!!!!!! we need to hunt it down...where are you located?

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

11. That looks like a 390HP or a 406 .Is that in the 63 Galaxie?Worth some bucks to Ford FE collectors.

12. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

There's a few neat "muscle Fords" there...The 63 Custom with the HP FE is definately cool (4speed??). The 4 door and the wagon look like X-police cars...one has what looks like a 429 CJ! Does the guy that has them know what hes's got?!?!?!?

13. Romain

Romain
    from france

14. Tony

Tony

I took this a few years back in a guy's private yard.
    To me it was just too cool a shot to pass up. The best thing is, both of these car's have been 'saved' and are more than likely on thier way to being back on the road.
    Sorry for the poor quality, it's from my phone.

[​IMG]

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

my faves:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for the noobs- those were saved, wrecked, and will be saved again hahahaha.....

16. heres a small part of a huge mountian of parts found in a backyard in downtown tucson...now resting in my yard

Attached Files:

17. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Ok, I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but I see a lot of barn find pictures. What do you do with a barn find? Do you restore all of them? Sell them? Or do you just take pictures and leave them in the barn? Hope that question doesn't seem too stupid. haha :)

18. havi

havi

Boy, we are such a throw-away society. And we take pictures of it, too!!

last pic are my brother's rides, seemed only fitting.

Attached Files:

19. WILLY O

WILLY O

Heres some cars from the turner yard in Fresno

Attached Files:

20. What a coool Car. Like the 60's customcars so much... :D

21. Thank you! Snapped a pic of it when I was 11 (1966)at the Chicago World Of Wheels.Kept it hanging in my garage thinking if I ever built a custom car it would be like that. Got lucky and found it & now I own the actual car. :D

22. 1966 COOL!! I was born in December 1966! :D U dont know of any old 60's custom barnfind or something thats forsale?

23. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

No son that is not for sale. I am going to restore that some day. Yeah right how many times have we herd that.

24. The guy I bought it from had a chopped 51 Merc but he sold it recently.Nothing I know of offhand.

25. Deuce76063

Deuce76063

I know that yard. Guy had a Desoto Airflow out front a few years ago. I had to drive by that car everyday for 6 months not having the 4000.00 that he wanted for it. I got to where I would look at the other side of the road when I went by it made me so sick.:)

Bob